• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 Polaris Assault RMK help

W
Dec 3, 2007
Casper, Wyoming
It has been some time since I have posted anything here on Snowest. I need some help. My son-in-law just bought a used 2009 Assaul. I has a SLP single pipe on it. Since I cannot find any info on SLP’s web site as to clutching etc this is the next best place.

What did you guys and gals use for clutching, gearing etc for this sled? Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciate.
Thank you in advance

Wax

W
Dec 3, 2007
Casper, Wyoming
It has been some time since I have posted anything here on Snowest. I need some help. My son-in-law just bought a used 2009 Assaul. I has a SLP single pipe on it. Since I cannot find any info on SLP’s web site as to clutching etc this is the next best place.

What did you guys and gals use for clutching, gearing etc for this sled? Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciate.
Thank you in advance

Wax

I should have mentioned the clutching needs to be 8,000 to 10,000 feet. Thank you

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
Chances are that the Polaris recommended 6-8000 ft. settings would be pretty close. With the SLP pipe it should be able to work okay with 62G weights at 8-10K ft.

Attachments

• 2009 800 RMK Assault clutching.pdf
    10.3 KB · Views: 11

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
I would just call SLP, I bet they would email you the PDF. Heck I might still have it on my laptop for my 2008 800 Dragon...

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
LOL here it is, I had 2 copies named slightly different but for same part number. Dragon and Assault are basically the same. Definitely the same engine.

Attachments

• SLPPipeDragon09-878.pdf
    179.2 KB · Views: 15
W
Dec 3, 2007
Casper, Wyoming
sledhed: YOU are the man. Thank you so much. I/we greatly appreciate it. Happy Holidays. Wax

This one of the reason this web site is so great. It is people like sledhed taking the time and effort to help out an individual. Thank you again for the help. Thank you Snowest for the these forums. I greatly appreciate it along with a whole lot of other people.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
This one of the reason this web site is so great. It is people like sledhed taking the time and effort to help out an individual. Thank you again for the help. Thank you Snowest for the these forums. I greatly appreciate it along with a whole lot of other people.
Good thing I am a packrat (or forget to clean up my laptop folders) LOL. Surprised SLP didn't have it on their website, but their last redesign really stunk and documentation links disappeared too. When I talked to someone on the phone they admitted it.

Glad to be able to help, give back to the community once in a while for the help I have received over the years. I always LOVED snowest for the value of the advice and input I got from people. And still do. Face book really stinks in comparison; it has gotten a little better but still has a million groups for Polaris riders and it is not possible to be members of them all, and the search feature is poor at best, since sometimes it is hard to define good search terms for what you are looking to find out. To find stuff on snowest I have to admit I use google and tag on "site:www.snowest.com" to my search words or phrases, and come up with great matches...

W
Dec 3, 2007
Casper, Wyoming
The engine needs to be rebuilt. Does anyone have a service manual that has specs for the engine you could send me in a pdf? Or know where I could down load it from. I would be greatly thankful. Thank you

Premium Features