• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 m8 turbo need help

Hey I’m new here bought a m8 smokin deal don’t know much about the sled it runs but it’s from bc and I brought it to Ontario just I am just using it to play with some trail some lake and some off trail the tuning is set up for bc how should I go about or who to ask to tune this sled it does have bd kit and bd controller how do I tell if it’s race fuel kit or pump gas kit ? Anything helps thanks C11D4B78-D78C-44C7-9A53-D805AFFFCB0E.jpeg

Snopro98

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2009
Western WI
Definitely a BD kit, should have the aux injectors in the bottom of the intercooler. If it's an out of the box BD kit, it should be a Garrett 2860 charger. There should be a tag on the cartridge or compressor housing with part and model numbers. There is lots of good information in the Arctic Cat Turbo section, back in the 2010 range.

If you send me your email address I can send you some of my boondocker numbers I ran on my 11 with that same setup. I also have a document that spells out what all the numbers and letters in the box mean. Most of the information I gathered from posts on here and calling Boondocker. If you learn how the box works and what each adjustment does, they are real easy to tune.

As far as riding at high elevations vs low elevations I ran the same tune at 7000 to 10000 as I ran at 1000ft but I would lower the CR number.

Definitely a BD kit, should have the aux injectors in the bottom of the intercooler. If it's an out of the box BD kit, it should be a Garrett 2860 charger. There should be a tag on the cartridge or compressor housing with part and model numbers. There is lots of good information in the Arctic Cat Turbo section, back in the 2010 range.

If you send me your email address I can send you some of my boondocker numbers I ran on my 11 with that same setup. I also have a document that spells out what all the numbers and letters in the box mean. Most of the information I gathered from posts on here and calling Boondocker. If you learn how the box works and what each adjustment does, they are real easy to tune.

As far as riding at high elevations vs low elevations I ran the same tune at 7000 to 10000 as I ran at 1000ft but I would lower the CR number.
Awesome I’ll pm you my email

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
The great thing about a turbo is it will have a similar set-up at higher elevation vs lower...you just run higher boost up high (it will be less efficient up high actually). You will just need to start with lower boost settings. The intercooler is a good indicator of the race-gas set-up with aux injectors. To get the higher HP, you will want run the race gas of course. And the boondocker should adjust boost from the baseline the guy had for BC and pretty much be ready to go (the EBC sets that automatically). So, if it was me, I would purposefully turn the boost down and start low (4 lbs) and go from there...slowly turn it up until you are out of clutch or injectors. And for lake application with that intercooler, you will have great airflow and less prone to detonation.

MI1M600EFI

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 15, 2008
Mancos, CO
I have a pump gas setup on an '09. No intercooler and no injectors.
Check for the aux injectors...
Boondocker was great at giving me starting numbers for my setup. With no intercooler and no aux injectors, I'm only pushing about 5psi at 7000'. I have a newer controller with Electronic Boost Control... it automatically dials up the boost as I go higher. It's been pull and go since I put in the BD supplied numbers, and it runs great!!

Premium Features