• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 m8 hcr

S
May 9, 2019
Hello on my 2009 m8 hcr I’m having problems with it stalling out when you give it throttle, I don’t see no leaks in coolant an cap looks good an no leaks in gas line. An no codes are popping up what else could it be?

S
May 9, 2019
Is that on a stand or on the ground under load? It can act totally different.
It’s does it on the stand an when it on the ground with me on it, it goes for a min then bogs down an dies if you let of the gas I can save it from stalling

R
So it wont idle at all? Only for a few seconds? if you walk away it stalls??? Wont rev up at all? When it does idle, what is the rpm?
Sounds like your fuel pump, low pressure. Make sure check your cylinder compression. if you don't have compression, it wont run.
If you pull on the rope, is it a hard pull?

S
May 9, 2019
So it wont idle at all? Only for a few seconds? if you walk away it stalls??? Wont rev up at all? When it does idle, what is the rpm?
Sounds like your fuel pump, low pressure. Make sure check your cylinder compression. if you don't have compression, it wont run.
If you pull on the rope, is it a hard pull?
It will idle all day long it only does it when you give it gas it revs up then gets to a certain point then it bogs down a stalls out an you let of the gas it cleans it self out. At idle it runs about 1800 rpms an bounces sometimes to 1000 then to 2000 at idle.

C
Jan 14, 2012
It will idle all day long it only does it when you give it gas it revs up then gets to a certain point then it bogs down a stalls out an you let of the gas it cleans it self out. At idle it runs about 1800 rpms an bounces sometimes to 1000 then to 2000 at idle.
TORS or bad gas.

R
Are you sure its flooding? Any gas leaking out of the pipe, drooling? Or around the Y pipe. There will be if its flooding. IMO, I think your don't have fuel pressure.
Any update??
Concerning throttle switches, they all have copper contacts and they all wear out, the more you use it. I have never used my kill switches on any of my sleds ever, unless an emergency, that's why I have tethers on all of them. I always use the key to shut off, alot more durable. Have never had any problems on 7different cats, including two BB mountain mods I built and sold.

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
Sounds like the ignition is being cut. You can check to see if the spark dies by leaving both plugs in a cylinder but pulling 1 cap off of one plug. Then put plug out of cylinder into cap and you will see spark as it runs by grounding plug to cylinder head. Check to see if spark is still there when dying. If spark is still there when dying, its a gas problem. If spark dies, probably TORs.

Premium Features