• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 6th Annual Sled N Liver Tune in Cooke City

L

LSB

This is the thread for the 2009 New Years Sled 'N Liver Tune in Cooke City, MT. We will be having the same main two events as usual. There is the hillclimb with warming hut during the day and the Charity Auction at night.

Details:
Friday Jan 1st is main event.
Hillclimb is in usual location, go to Round Lake and signs will lead you there.
Classes will be as follows - 800cc and above STOCK, 799cc and below stock, 800cc and above MOD, 800cc and below MOD, and also King of the Hill.
We realize there could be more categories, but please don't whine. You don't pay to race, its all for bragging rights, and its all volunteer efforts that put this thing on. Its fun, so give it a try. Another point is that on the hill we run there IS such a thing as too much power. For instance large Yamaha turbos can lose to big triples and 2 stroke turbos because the hill can get to rough to run those Yammy's full throttle. It has happened.
The Charity Auction/Music/Arm Wrestling event starts around 9pm in the Miners Saloon.

I will post more information here concerning signing up for the races, classes, etc.

If anyone is interested in donating things to the auction you can contact me on here OR if your in the MidWest you can contact Kyle Pierce (I will post his cell phone number here).

This event has become a yearly tradition and we continually do better and better each year. 100% of the proceeds get split three ways between, local search and rescue, local ems, and local grooming.

When I add details to this thread I will add them to this first post to keep everything together.

Edit: updated rules for races

Last edited:

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Donation

Hello Robert - Just wanted to let you know I have a backpack combo (pack, shovel and probe) to donate for your auction. Pick up at your convenience. We'll be out of town on Friday, but any other time is fine.

Bob
Bearclaw

S

Steve OH

Nov 26, 2007
Estevan SK
Sound off

I'll be there, missed the festivities last year, not gonna make that mistake again!
Who all is planning on going?

L

LSB

We usually have the races during the day on the 1st. We have a little warming hut we setup out there below the races, weather permitting. Then we come back to town and all meet up at the Miners Saloon for that night where we have the charity auction, music, arm wrestling tournament, etc!!

T
Nov 26, 2007
coeur dalene, idaho
unfortunalty i won't be there this year. I guess you will have to wait on the rematch lsb. I didn't realize you where such a young pup unitl i saw your age. Letting a 40 year old beat you arm wrestling. tiss tiss

tim

Lifetime Membership
Apr 27, 2002
Spooner, WI 54801
www.4seasons.com
This midwest storm set us back with work and we aren't going to make it this year. We have to push our trip out there a week later.

LSB I will give me a call when you get a chance.

Premium Features