• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 Polaris dragon rmk 700 injector help

A
Mar 15, 2020
Alaska
Still runs the same, took the power Commander off and ran it for a bit and still no change, but as I was checking the fuel rails there seems to be a slow leak but the leak is on the cylinder that is firing so maybe need some new o rings

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
The one side that's fouling might be full of gas. If you can run it with that plug out and see is any gas mist comes out. I had a lot of unburnt fuel coming out of my exhaust.

A
Mar 15, 2020
Alaska
I ran it with the clutch side spark off and it ran and then when I tried starting it with the other side, it wouldn’t run so I’m starting to think it could be the coils

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
So if you pull the spark plug wire off the stator side cylinder the sled won't run at all with just the pto side spark plug connected - correct?
Now physically put the spark plug wire from the pto side onto the stator side spark plug and leave the pto spark plug wire disconnected. Does it run?
If it does then you know the normal side pto spark circuitry is good. If it won't run then it is faulty.
Next put the normal side stator spark plug wire onto the pto side spark plug and leave the stator side spark plug disconnected. Does it run?
If it does you know the fuel delivery is good to the pto cylinder.

A
Mar 15, 2020
Alaska
I ran the snomachine with clutch side spark plug off and it started, then when I tried to start it with the stator side off and the clutch side on and it wouldn’t run, and then I tried switching the coils to run the clutch side and it never ran

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
I ran the snomachine with clutch side spark plug off and it started, then when I tried to start it with the stator side off and the clutch side on and it wouldn’t run, and then I tried switching the coils to run the clutch side and it never ran
By switching coils you mean the spark plugs wires right at the spark plug? Have you tried running it with the plug wires reversed but both hooked up? I am thinking it will still run on the stator side with the plug wire that normally goes on the pto side. Just trying here to isolate this to a cylinder/fuel problem vs an electrical problem. Sorry if I am not understanding what you mean by swapping coils.

A
Mar 15, 2020
Alaska
By switching coils you mean the spark plugs wires right at the spark plug? Have you tried running it with the plug wires reversed but both hooked up? I am thinking it will still run on the stator side with the plug wire that normally goes on the pto side. Just trying here to isolate this to a cylinder/fuel problem vs an electrical problem. Sorry if I am not understanding what you mean by swapping coils.
I have tried switching the coils and not just the wires but the whole coil itself where the connectors are and still the pto side would just fire on and off with backfires, I’m thinking I need to adjust the tps setting. When I went to pick up the sled I had to have the throttle at half throttle to have it started and the idle was low, so I adjusted the throttle cable that’s by the handle bars, so maybe the tps must be off in my opinion after reading out it somewhere on this website. I’m still new to this cfi sled and learning about it slowly as I’m trying to figure out the problems

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
Yeah, that's not the place to adjust the idle speed. It should be done at the throttle bodies. There is an explanation on TPS voltages and procedure in the increasing your IQ sticky at the top of this forum.
Also from the shop manual.

Attachments

• Throttle lever free play.pdf
    393.2 KB · Views: 4
  • idle adjustment.pdf
    302 KB · Views: 6

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
Thanks again retiredpop I’ll adjust the throttle on the throttle body after I get one of those tps tools
You dont need the tps tool to set your tps you can set the tps by plugging your power commander into a computer as long as you have the power commander program or you can set it with a good multimeter.

Premium Features