• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 Polaris dragon iq 700 dies in idle

T
Jan 15, 2020
Whenever my Polaris dragon iq sits in idle it bogs out and dies. We replaced spark plugs and the coil packs. We can’t figure out what is going wrong. It also won’t go in reverse. Can someone please tell me what’s going on please.

J
Jan 20, 2009
Northern Utah
You might have one of the dragons that has a setting to change mapping relative to altitude. I can't remember how to change it, seems like maybe you have to hold in the reverse button for five seconds or similar. You'll know it's changed when that rev icon flashes at an increased or decreased rate. Anyhow it changes idle and reverse characteristics.

T
Dec 13, 2020
Im experiencing the same thing. So frustrating after just paying $300 for a pre-season tune up. I have a 2010 Dragon thats fuel injected. It wont idle at all unless Im on the throttle. Its not the clutch belt...had that loosened. I cant figure it out. Im googling TPS now (Im new to sledding). Is this something I can do myself?

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
Im experiencing the same thing. So frustrating after just paying $300 for a pre-season tune up. I have a 2010 Dragon thats fuel injected. It wont idle at all unless Im on the throttle. Its not the clutch belt...had that loosened. I cant figure it out. Im googling TPS now (Im new to sledding). Is this something I can do myself?
Yes, you can set it yourself but you need a quality VOM. You can take a look in the increasing your IQ sticky at the top of this forum under electrical for the procedure on setting the TPS. Look at post 10 and 17 here TPS check

Premium Features