Same issues on and 08 m1000... video looked identical!
Did you get it figured out?
I have gone through this whole thread and compared my notes...
I have replaced:
coils and wires
stator and pick up
pipe temp sensor
gone through handlebar wiring and (disconnected)
Hood wiring and (disconnected)
Tail light wiring disconnected
ingnition switch disconnected
reverse motor disconnected
drained fuel, cleaned tank and pick-ups
blown through the gas cap
Changed to a D&D can (ran great for about 10 minutes, then won't rev past 6g... wait about 5-10 minutes, run it again runs good then seems like a switch gets thrown and does the same thing...
pipe and intake seem to be restriction free
So the things I HAVE NOT addressed:
Fuel pressure (customer said it was checked and passed before I started working on it...???)
Coolant and intake sensors (Thx M8magic&mystery... I will check those...)
ANYONE HAVE ANY OTHER THOUGHTS OR IDEAS????
My M8 is doing the same exact thing ... I took the turbo kit off it last year and sold it, rebuilt the motor, had it out for one ride and it wouldn't pull past about 6800 rpm ... It has new EV cables, measured right, no restrictions, etc ..
I am hoping its my secondary clutch after 3600 miles of turbo use, but if its something more finicky than that I think this sled is going to be parted out, I don't have the time or patience this year to mess with it
My '10 M8 turbo is doing this as well. I replaced reeds today (they were shot, cracked and chipped) thought that'd do it. Cleaned the power valves, their good, cables are good, servo's turning, no boost leaks that I could find, cleaned intake air sensor. I got it up to 7K RPM a couple times, but mostly it revs to 5-6K no codes. Bogged out & died all the time with broken reeds, I think new ones took care of that though.
Found the boost leaks. Seems really strange, took the charge tube and intake off the turbo to check it, found a missing bolt in the compressor side that goes through. I don't know how it fell out, there's just barely enough room to get it past the oil drain hose as you can see, also a barbed fitting with no hose on it in the nozzle. Looks like it's the one that would be for the wastegate, but wastegate controller is plumbed to the airbox on this setup. Plugged the holes and it's revvin up and making boost, in the shop anyhow, I'll take it out tomorrow and see what it'll do.
just incase anybody ever has the same problem: My 2008 M8 would not rev over about 6200.
I flipped the sled over backwards going up a cornice and it landed on its hood. wouldnt run right after that.
after checking EVERYTHING that i could think of I happened to stumble onto some things.
1 the PTO injector connector was cracked and I think the added pressures of running at higher RPM would limit the RPM. (possibly) I also found that even thought the exhaust valve servo was working each time i looked but the wires were smashed completely flat under the fuel tank and didnt short but they would "open".
additionally the coil wires had migrated under the tank and were smashed completely flat and may have been open at times, but had no resistance.
next the Regulator (Chassis Control Unit) CCU one wire was slightly discolored...now something that doent make sense was that wire was the power wire and it went to ground...but when I unplugged the hood it was open....
so even with all the smashed wires repaired, injector connector etc, it still wouldnt run. Additionally now the power wire going to the ECU burnt and the connector started smoking
put in a used replacement harness and swapped the regulator/CCU with another it worked perfectly. the ECU was not damaged.
Mine had some similar intermittent problems, wouldn't rev up, stumbled and wouldn't make power, acted like it was running on one cylinder at times, then would smarten up and start running good. Last year, on the last ride of the year, the power valves quit working. That was the intermittent power issue. I checked the wires under the tank to the servo motor, they were good, didn't have power to the servo motor, checked the motor and it was fine. Swapped out the ECM for a known good one, and the servo motor started working. It doesn't cycle on startup though. My old ECM was cracked, hard to tell until I had it off and could see it was broken. It's running good since, but I haven't hardly rode it this winter, going this afternoon, I'll see what it'll do