• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 m8 engine cut out

C
Mar 22, 2018
Maine
I have a 2008 M8 and the engine cuts out(like hitting the kill switch) while letting off the throttle, once I let all the way off it comes right back on and acts like it is stuck in "high gear". Again once I let the rpms get back to normal idle and get going again it is fine. It randomly happens every 5-10 minutes. Any suggestions on things to check? The tss has already been disconnected.

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
Stuck in high gear? As in you stop the snowmobile and the idle is high? Or it just keeps moving forward and won't come to a stop?

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
Check throttle function from cables to butterflies...make sure they are closing. Could be a lean condition from an air leak also.

C
Mar 22, 2018
Maine
I've checked the throttle cable and everything seems to be moving correctly, It very tight at first so I loosened the cable and it is still happening.

C
Mar 22, 2018
Maine
Update if anyone else had this problem. The belt that was on the sled was getting worn out and too narrow. Picked up a new belt for this season and it hasn't happened again.

Premium Features