• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 IQ 600 racer

Z
Nov 26, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
Anyone on here have one? Im looking at buying one but was gonna see if anyone has good or bad things to say. I have been a sno-pro man my whole life so getting into some new territory. I know the 440s had some crank issues, they take care of that on the new 600?

C
Nov 29, 2007
Butte MT
I have two 08 RR's. I have been riding one and it is a blast. Works great. The other is still in the crate and I'm trying to sell it. Looking for $9900, get in touch with me if you are interested.

S
Dec 5, 2007
I will ask around at work tomorrow, the IQ racers and the RR's have different motors. the RR is the same old 600 VES twin as they have had. The racers have a whole new motor.

F
Nov 27, 2007
Helena, Montana
I will ask around at work tomorrow, the IQ racers and the RR's have different motors. the RR is the same old 600 VES twin as they have had. The racers have a whole new motor.

The RR has the 600 H.O. complete with oil injection unlike its full race brother (600R). Same H.O. you find in the RMK's and Switchback's

The 600 R (Race Production Sled) has a completely new to polaris 600 that come set up for pre mix. No guarantees that this engine will not have problems with the center crank bearning the same as the little 440 did.

These motors are way tough ........ it's just they are intended for short burst stop and go riding (snow cross) ........ not being held W.F.O. for big hillclimb and deep powder pulls. There ends up being inadequate lube to the center bearing and presto ....... the such said "crank" problems mentioned earlier.

However for a couple bucks you can retrofit an oil injection system on these sleds that makes the motors good for as long as just about any other two stroke out there. THe oil injection lubricates the center crank bearing directly helping this problem ......... additionally run them a touch richer (one step) for mountain riding.

These little sleds are beasty and straight up my 440 will beat any stock 800 or thousand for that matter up to about 70-75 miles per hour in a drag. In anything but really deep powder it's the funnest sled I have ever ridden.

Premium Features