• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2007 Polaris Dragon IQ CFI - Not Getting Fuel, Won't Start

Hi, typical story here I guess, but wondering if anyone can add to what I've already tried. This machine will run with fuel added to the cylinders. Good spark, lights come on when it fires for a few seconds. I've primed the fuel system using the prime plug and checked that I have good fuel volume downstream of filter when disconnected and under prime. Stator ohms out at .4 on all three. Capacitor seems to charge and slowly drop as expected. Cleaned ground connection. Pulled a thousand times, primed cylinders at least 30-40 times, blah blah...

Any next thoughts?

Thank you,
Scott

So I used the fuel prime plug to connect a 12V batter and can hear the pump running. I disconnect the downstream side of fuel filter and when priming lots of fuel comes out, but I can't be certain if it meets the minimum fuel pressure required for the injectors. Is it typical to have a semi functional fuel pump / filter assembly that actually isn't providing enough pressure in this sort of issue?

And I tried what some have noted for these where I pulled about 5 times with key and kill switch off to prime capacitor and then WOT and it does seem to want to start which makes me suspicious of a bad capacitor? I did charge it up and seemed to drop a tenth of a volt about each second, but didn't seem to get right up to 12V, more like 9 or 10 by the time I got my meter attached after charging it.

D
Nov 17, 2008
This happen to my 07 700 that sat for 3 years without running. I tried the same things you did. The problem was the injectors stuck. Get a wiring diagram and disconnect the wiring going to the injectors. Send 12volts to the injectors with a fast on off on off on off until you hear the injectors start to click as they get the 12volt signal. When you finally hear them clicking you will find that it will start. It may take 30 or more voltage spikes to get them to release but mine finally did. The click is very soft and you must have quiet and listen carefully. If you do not hear the click it will never start. Whatever you do. do not leave a continuous 12 volts on the injectors as you could damage them. If you never get them to click and decide they are stuck for good and want other injectors I have a set of the yellow ones if you need them. They are used but are suppose to be good. I got them off e bay before I got mind working by the method I described above. Good luck Remember this engine has four injectors and not just two. Let me know if this works for you

D
Nov 17, 2008
Remember something else. I believe i had the fuel pump running while I was doing this and had put injector cleaner ( essential lube) in my fuel also so that when the injectors started working they would get lubed better as they started to work. I also believed I had the plugs out so I could see the gas fumes coming out as the injectors started working. You have to work on one injector at a time untill you get it working before moving onto the next one. It was much easier doing this then trying to remove the injectors. Good luck

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I worked on the injectors of my '10 660 a while back and made a crude power system. 13V transformer through a fuel pump switch and a momentary push button switch for the injector to fire. I had the injectors out so I could spray them into a small pill bottle for a couple seconds each to see if the flow matched between them and the pattern was good. I put the switches through the bottom of an old Poweraid container so all the wires and transformer would be stored inside when not in use.

IMG_1521.JPG IMG_1522.JPG IMG_1523.JPG IMG_1524.JPG

A
Jan 24, 2023
Finland
My 700cfi does not start by pulling the cord. starts if you give power to the fuel pump directly. everything else works and you can drive well when you get it started. Is the voltage regulator or stator broken?

Premium Features