• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2007 ktm 450 xc build looking for thermostat kit

N
Nov 27, 2007
Started building a 2007 Ktm 450 xcf snowbike with timbersled 137 but having trouble finding a thermostat kit or thermobob kit that works
with this RFS engine anyone build one or have any ideas?

GKR

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
C3 Powersports has generic fit thermostats that will work. They have straight in/out, 90 degree, and swivel which enters and exits in the same direction. Whatever fits best in the coolant hose from the outlet of the engine to your rads will work perfect.

N
Nov 27, 2007
Well I don't believe that fits my Bike as the sx and xc had different motors that year
Mine has the rfs motor and has 2 seperate hoses from the radiators to the cylinder. Which kit works with this configuration. I think there is a little more to this than meets the eye. Emailed c3 no reply yet. I am sure someone has put a thermostat on a bike like this. 16041038382358661270473877220622.jpgSorry the pic is upside down.

E
Dec 19, 2007
59435013044 is the oem part number. It's $45 at rocky mountain. Fits all the rfs motors from 04 to the 07exc. It has 4 hoses so must have a bypass.

N
Nov 27, 2007
Unfortunately this requires a different radiator where the bypass ties into.
May have to put in a couple t 's in those hoses from the bottom of the radiators.
Don't really want to tie into just one.

GKR

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
The bottoms of the rads are returns to the engine. Tstat needs to go in the line from the water pump out to the rads, usually up thru the stem. The bypass line on the tstat feeds into a tee that goes into one of the return lines back to the motor.

This might help

mrsnow

Premium Member
Dec 30, 2008
I have an 05 and 06 excs’ used thermobob no problems can’t remember product number.

M
Sep 18, 2015
Well I don't believe that fits my Bike as the sx and xc had different motors that year
Mine has the rfs motor and has 2 seperate hoses from the radiators to the cylinder. Which kit works with this configuration. I think there is a little more to this than meets the eye. Emailed c3 no reply yet. I am sure someone has put a thermostat on a bike like this. View attachment 360011Sorry the pic is upside down.

It's listed on their site as fitting an 07 xcf and thermobob has never steered me wrong. I already listed the correct part for you, but go off I guess lmao

N
Nov 27, 2007
My confusion was that there are 2 hoses from the rads to the engine and where to run the bypass line. From what I understand it does not matter which hose you use to tie into the bypass. I have had plenty of experience dealing with detonation and engine seizing unfortunately, this seems risky feeding different temperature cooled to different parts of a cylinder. But have no experience with these bikes, guess it's good to go. Thanks for the help.

dooman92

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2010
Northern turbo, I understand your concern for the different temps of coolant and impact on engine. That issue is somewhat reduced by the fact that the coolant in those rad lines from engine to bottom of rad is constantly moving even when thermostat is closed and bypass functioning. When you dump in warmer bypass coolant it will rise in that line and slightly warm the rad coolant so it will reduce potential for cold shock slightly. With the thermo closed warm coolant from the engine rises in the line and cold rad coolant falls into the engine via the same hose. So it is not a perfect system but more potential for temp shock based on submerging the rads in snow than from any effect of the bypass. Hope this makes sense..

Premium Features