• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2006 RMK 900 won't go slow!

L
Feb 24, 2021
Seattle
My 900 is giving me fits. It will idle pretty well, but when I give it a little throttle, it dies.
If I time it just right, I can get it going, but I have to go fast. I can ride for a while (a mile or two) and then it will just quit.
It does better when it's cold, but when it gets warmed up, and I let off the throttle a bit to go around a corner, it will die. While it's slowing down to die, I can pump the throttle 3-4 times with no response at all.
I thought it might be the Throttle Position Sensor, so I unplugged it, but even with the TPS disconnected, it still behaves the same way. I tried new plugs, just because, and no difference.
Any experience with this kind of problem? Any idea what might be the cause of this weird throttle behavior?

TecCrash

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2017
Middleton, ID
Have you tried calibrating the TPS sensor? I don't think just unplugging the sensor will do anything for you. I did mine a few weeks ago, and it made the world of difference. Mine would start and idle, then would backfire and bog from just over idle until about 3/4 throttle then run flat out. I was able to get it back to the trailer, but it was an interesting ride home. The info on building a TPS setting device and the procedure are located in the stickies at the top. You could have a lot of different things going on, but I would start there, and check your reeds while your in that deep.

Premium Features