• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2006 CMX Aerocharger Turbo 162

viperbusa

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
2006 Crazy Mountain Xtreme (CMX) turbo areocharger snowmobile for sale. I have had the sled for around 6 or 7 years. Bought the sled with some damage to the hood and have just rode it the way it is with tape on the hood. Sled runs and starts excellent. Has a 53 areocharger by Turbo Doc, Polaris liberty 800 motor, 162x16x2.5 ported track, CMX belt drive, open CMX floor boards, fox float shocks all the way around ( rear is remote resivor), boss seat, avenger gauges, boost and fuel pressure gauge, hand gaurds. Sled is super light weight and runs very strong. Looking for offers??? 712-592-5024.

Attachments

• IMG_2267.jpg
    IMG_2267.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 456
  • IMG_2266.jpg
    IMG_2266.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_2260.jpg
    IMG_2260.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 435
  • IMG_2269.jpg
    IMG_2269.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_2272.jpg
    IMG_2272.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 311

mysledblows

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
$500 ??? I'm thinking that's a typo but if that's all you need for it let me know and I'll start figuring out how to get it.

viperbusa

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Would be willing to trade for a good non turbo Iowa/Wyoming smaller sled for my kids or girlfriend to ride.

T
Aug 13, 2012
Just my two cents, but if you don't know cmx, then you won't have any clue that $3000 is a steal. I have a 2002 cmx and the bill of sale was $25,000 new (yes, $25,000 in 2002 for a snowmobile!). Brand new 2015 cmx's are $46,000. So I'll bet that this 2006 cmx was around $32,000 when bought new (back in 2006, when a brand new skidoo or arctic cat cost $4500). These sleds are the Ferrari of sleds, they aren't toys, and will perform better than ANY sled out there, as long as the driver has an experience level to match the sled. Even though it's older and has trailing arms, you can't f* with this sled. (I prefer trailing arms anyway, they make the front suspension exponentially stronger than a-arm sleds. Trailing arm sleds are coming back into production soon anyway)..

I think the seller is short-changing himself by not telling of the immense fabrication that goes into these sleds (everything on the body is fabbed at cmx except for part of the bulkhead and the plastic dashboard panel), the lightness (weighs less than 400 wet), the components (Team clutch, Cmx belt drive, Kick *** intake, Fabcraft trailing arms, Performer computer, Slp powder pro skis, Boss seat, Fox shocks, etc.) and the materials that went into this sled (carbon fiber, kevlar, titanium, custom-made billett aluminum, etc.). This sled was cutting edge technology in 2006 and still can't be beat for that price today. The guy who owns the cmx factory is super friendly and approachable with any questions and support, and cmx-specific parts are readily available from him. These sleds are made individually, and need to be ordered a year ahead of time. And when it's finished, you have to go through a riding course at cmx in Montana in order to learn how to use it correctly.
I live in Colorado, as of last year when when I registered mine, there were only 23 cmx's registered in the state. So as a result, everywhere you go, you will have people gathered around your sled asking questions about it and taking pictures. (I coincidentally own a Ferrari too, and get the same attention in the Ferrari!)
I'm surprised that this sled has been for sale for this long, but I think it's mainly because of two factors: 1) because of low cmx production, attention to production detail, and the fact that only rich people can afford to buy these new, very few people have any idea whatsoever what a cmx is, 2) 99.9% of snowmobiling society have fell into the hype of the big four (skidoo, yamaha, polaris, arctic cat) hook-line-and-sinker like drones, believing that the best sled is the one that their neighbor has. Cmx is ONLY for people that want to stand out in a crowd, and also for people who want AWESOME performance from their sled, unmatched by the big four.

So anyone who wants a sled like no other should jump on this sled and buy it ASAP!

Also, if anyone from Colorado buys this sled, let me know and we can go riding!!!!!!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Just my two cents, but if you don't know cmx, then you won't have any clue that $3000 is a steal. I have a 2002 cmx and the bill of sale was $25,000 new (yes, $25,000 in 2002 for a snowmobile!). Brand new 2015 cmx's are $46,000. So I'll bet that this 2006 cmx was around $32,000 when bought new (back in 2006, when a brand new skidoo or arctic cat cost $4500). These sleds are the Ferrari of sleds, they aren't toys, and will perform better than ANY sled out there, as long as the driver has an experience level to match the sled. Even though it's older and has trailing arms, you can't f* with this sled. (I prefer trailing arms anyway, they make the front suspension exponentially stronger than a-arm sleds. Trailing arm sleds are coming back into production soon anyway)..

I think the seller is short-changing himself by not telling of the immense fabrication that goes into these sleds (everything on the body is fabbed at cmx except for part of the bulkhead and the plastic dashboard panel), the lightness (weighs less than 400 wet), the components (Team clutch, Cmx belt drive, Kick *** intake, Fabcraft trailing arms, Performer computer, Slp powder pro skis, Boss seat, Fox shocks, etc.) and the materials that went into this sled (carbon fiber, kevlar, titanium, custom-made billett aluminum, etc.). This sled was cutting edge technology in 2006 and still can't be beat for that price today. The guy who owns the cmx factory is super friendly and approachable with any questions and support, and cmx-specific parts are readily available from him. These sleds are made individually, and need to be ordered a year ahead of time. And when it's finished, you have to go through a riding course at cmx in Montana in order to learn how to use it correctly.
I live in Colorado, as of last year when when I registered mine, there were only 23 cmx's registered in the state. So as a result, everywhere you go, you will have people gathered around your sled asking questions about it and taking pictures. (I coincidentally own a Ferrari too, and get the same attention in the Ferrari!)
I'm surprised that this sled has been for sale for this long, but I think it's mainly because of two factors: 1) because of low cmx production, attention to production detail, and the fact that only rich people can afford to buy these new, very few people have any idea whatsoever what a cmx is, 2) 99.9% of snowmobiling society have fell into the hype of the big four (skidoo, yamaha, polaris, arctic cat) hook-line-and-sinker like drones, believing that the best sled is the one that their neighbor has. Cmx is ONLY for people that want to stand out in a crowd, and also for people who want AWESOME performance from their sled, unmatched by the big four.

So anyone who wants a sled like no other should jump on this sled and buy it ASAP!

Also, if anyone from Colorado buys this sled, let me know and we can go riding!!!!!!

OR...maybe people prefer a-arms. Just sayin.

I, for one, do think that unless the mtn riders have been living under a rock or are REALLY new to the sledding world, do know what a CMX is.

Yes, this IS a steal. No doubt. I think these are AWESOME sleds.

viperbusa

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Sled is in Iowa right now. Been on vacation and just now Checking snowest

viperbusa

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Sled is about 50 miles north of Omaha right off interstate 29. Will be heading to Cooke City, Wyoming, Utah, and Colorado sometime this winter if I get it sold I could bring it. Thanks. Hate to have to part the sled out, it has never let me down, just pull the rope and ride it.

T
Aug 13, 2012
Why would you part it out?? If you're that dying for money then pawn it or drop the price.. It would take you 4 seasons to sell all the parts off it and a whole lot of wasted time taking it apart and trying to sell everything. I've known people that parted out machines before, they're house looked like a junkyard for two years and they STILL couldn't sell EVERY part. People think they can make a lot more money by parting a machine out, but that's only if you're working for free. By the time the last part is sold or junked, all the money is gone by then anyway ($25 for this part, $30 for that part, etc.). I check Colorado craigslist all the time, there are people still trying to sell parts that I've seen for sale for THREE seasons now...

Last edited:
A
Sep 23, 2009
I sent you a pm as well, responses would probably increase my interest level. I'm in Colorado, when do you think you would come this way? I also have a 96 summit that is lightly modded I'd trade plus cash if you have any interest in that.

Bushwacker1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Wisconsin
Why would you part it out?? If you're that dying for money then pawn it or drop the price.. It would take you 4 seasons to sell all the parts off it and a whole lot of wasted time taking it apart and trying to sell everything. I've known people that parted out machines before, they're house looked like a junkyard for two years and they STILL couldn't sell EVERY part. People think they can make a lot more money by parting a machine out, but that's only if you're working for free. By the time the last part is sold or junked, all the money is gone by then anyway ($25 for this part, $30 for that part, etc.). I check Colorado craigslist all the time, there are people still trying to sell parts that I've seen for sale for THREE seasons now...

Why would the owner not part it out if he cant get $3000 for this in one piece. This is a complete running sled and I don't blame him for not wanting to drop the price any more. Edge RMK 800 are still selling for the same money and weigh 100 lbs more. Even at fire sale pricing parts like the engine, turbo, clutches, tank, seat, gage package, handlebars, belt drive, track, rear skid, trailing arms, spindles, radius rods, and skis would net $4k. These are all common parts to other sleds and will sell quickly if priced fairly. Just selling the engine and turbo separate from a rolling chassis should bring more than 3k and as most buyers want to hear it run, the engine will still be in the sled for that. The buyer would most likely help you take it out. I guess you could consider this working for free but if your get an extra K for parting something out and you spend 30 hrs of your free time, (on a schedule you control), that is still $33 per hour. Some folks invest their assets in the bank and others pile it up in the garage till it bears fruit. We all do what we can to keep as much of it in our own pocket.

Premium Features