• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2005 RMK 900 EGT CODE

G
Jan 20, 2016
Hi guys I'm new to the forum and have just purchased a 2005 RMK 900 159. I am having some EGT SENSOR issues. First off I rode it once and had the flashing check engine code 5 times and pause, and my voltage display drop 1-2 bars while above 3000 RPMs but goes back up after a couple seconds of idling, and light also quits flashing! So I had the codes read and it was EGT SENSOR to high of voltage. So I purchased a new EGT SENSOR and within one ride had check engine flash 5 times. My question is what controls the the voltage to the EGT SENSOR? Would the drop in volts have a correlation with the EGT SENSOR issues?

Thanks for any advice

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
The capacitor maintains a constant voltage (like a battery in a vehicle), if the voltage display bars are low this is the capacitor. Read the service manual or search here for testing it. It's super easy and takes a few mins (after u remove parts to get to it)..not sure if that relates to the egt issue but u never knw with electrical, specially the 900 lol.
If u have a service manual, check the wiring diagram in the back of the book and trace the schematic and find what's powering the egt sensor circuit..also a good idea to train urself to troubleshoot this way ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G
Jan 20, 2016
I'm getting a service engine on start up that clears then after about an hour riding my check engine light flashes 5 times but also my volts drop 1-2 bars. But all will clear once I let it idle for a second.

Premium Features