• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2004 Rev 800 Engine Problems

B
Jan 23, 2008
I am seeking some assistance from the Ski-Doo world on how to fix my Rev 800. I am tired of dragging the sled off the mountain and having my wife feel like she keeps breaking her sled.

So here is what is happening and what I have done so far. I have had it in the shop 7 times this year as the motor dies about an hour or so into our ride. This last time, it became so flooded that fuel was coming out of the spark plug holes after I removed the plugs. I could also see fuel in the fuel-pump pulse line so it tells me there is fuel in the crank. After getting it cleaned out, I had to choke it all the way to get it to start and then play with the choke to keep it running.

I have replaced the plugs (they are gapped correctly), replaced the carb boots, replaced the fuel pump, replaced fuel lines, drained the tank multiple times, installed new throttle cable, installed additional air hole in air box to pull clean air in (along with frog-skin to cover hole).

While riding last Saturday, it ran great for the first hour and then it would hesitate (my guess it it was flooding). We stopped for a 20 minutes to eat and then it wouldn't start again (fuel in crank and flooded).

I think that maybe the fuel tank is getting pressurized and forcing fuel into the engine. Has anyone experienced anything like this before. I don't think it is the float bowl as it would happen within the first hour of riding. Please help with any suggestions.

Thanks a ton!

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
There are O-rings on the fuel bowl that are bad I'm betting. Same thing happened to my buddies sled. Skidoo doesn't offer the orings but cat makes an oring that works and are like a buck each. Cheap and easy to replace and I think it will fix your problem.

B
Jan 23, 2008
Here is an update: The shop took it for a ride on Saturday and rode it for many, many miles without problems. Back at the truck while driving through power, it acted up. Looks like it is loosing spark. Back at the shop, it was difficult to recreate the problem but it did happen so now it looks like it is an electrical issue. Hooked up to the diagnostic machine waiting for it to throw a code. I have such a love/hate relationship with this sled. Going crazy!

Premium Features