• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2004 Polaris Frontier Touring Edge Track Studding

B
May 22, 2020
Hello All,
I have a 2004 Polaris Frontier touring 4 stroke liquid cooled sled with the 136" x 15" x 1" track and a 2.52 pitch track. It has front and rear heat exchangers and the heat exchanger tubes/lines run forward to aft inside and are shielded in the floorboards. I've finally decided to stud it for ice fishing and have a few questions. Can I stud this track without damaging the tunnel or rear heat exchanger? I purchased 108 Fast Trac 1.175" triple X series studs but I am wanting to be 100% sure I can stud this track without damaging anything. Do I need to install tunnel guards or wear strips and if so does anyone know what brand, length, etc. as I cannot locate a set anywhere on line. Any help or guidance would be great. Thank you

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
Another option for you is bolting HDPE plastic angle shapes to your track that are cut to 3 or 4 inch length. You would probably need a 1 1/2" x 3/4" angle shape. I used a 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" angle on a 1 5/8" track and it would do wheelies on an ice crust. You then use washers for the bolts that are dished so the nut head and bolt end does not cut through the track. SLP may have the washer, bolt, nut combination.

Premium Features