• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2003 600 rmk belt removal

xcr800man

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Pulling my hair out here. I cant hardly get the belt off of my sisters 03 RMK. It has the Polaris roller clutch (Pre-Team) and has the electronic reverse. Any tips on belt removal or installation? Right now the best way is to take the primary on and off. Obviously that woudnt really work if she ever toasted a belt in the field so I could use any help that you guys have.

Back in the good old days you'd just grab the inner sheeve and twist and push back. With the team, at least you have the L-wrench. This is an inbetweener...... HELP!

red99powerstroke

Lifetime Membership
Apr 3, 2008
Persia, IA
I installed a PERC kit on my 03 and it came with the polaris roller. I never did find a good way other than to take the clutch off to get the belt off. Best thing to do is just carry a 1/2 wrench with the sled or buy a team clutch like I did.

Dec 30, 2007
Crescent, Iowa
I have changed belts on alot of different Polaris's. It is funny that I don't remember them. Let me do some checking. As red99powerstroke said it would be easier to install a Team clutch.

Last edited:

xcr800man

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
on the front of the clutch take out one of the bolts that are used for the belt defection thin take a long 1/4in bolt and run it in the hole it will open the sheaves

I was thinking that that might work. I will give it a shot tonight when I get home. Kind of funny that they wouldnt have an easier way or at least have that method be known. The Team Setup at least comes with the L Wrench.

If you didnt know that it was a bastard roller clutch, you would assume that it is a standard helix without the hole for the L-bolt.

Premium Features