• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2002 xcr 800

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
What is the best clutch setup for the 02 XCR 800? Its my dads and it is basically stock but has the slp power dome heads on it. We cant seem to get the midrange right. He has the Fett Brothers Heavy Hitter Adjustable weights in it as well and no matter what we do nothing seems to help. Carbs are clean and so are the exhaust valves. Im thinking it may be the helix and secondary spring which are stock. At the end of the year he brought the sled home after a trip and the belt was pretty much melting on the clutches. Can anyone help me out?:confused:

Jason

B
Nov 26, 2007
Salt Lake City
Xcr 800

I had a ported one with heads and SLP pipes in a 01 RMK chassis. I ran it at elevation with the stock helix (R12) and spring (silver/blue) in a button clutch. Tried the Team and could never get it to hold RPM. I used a almond round Polaris spring and 10-54 weights. Geared to 2.05:1 with a 159 x 2 inch track. Held right on 8500 rpm and would launch like being shot out of a canon.
Not sure what your elevation is but that's what I ran.

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
yeah its just a standard track and i think our elevation is even below 500 ft. not sure. if someone had a setup like this and ran it on flatland like we do, it would be great if i could get some tips. cant figure it out on my own.:(

A
Nov 26, 2007
Western NY.
Stock gearing or 25- 40

dalton pro helix 50-36, 48-36 or a hsp 38x all worked well. The 38x had a slightly slower backshift per same spring adjustment

silver blue in the 3rd or dalton black red blue in the 2nd.

Primary,
poo almound round
poo wieghts stock or 2 grams more

The stock clutching was actually very good.

If you have all the stock clutching parts put them in and see how it works.

Never heard anything good about slp heads at low elevation

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
Stock gearing or 25- 40

dalton pro helix 50-36, 48-36 or a hsp 38x all worked well. The 38x had a slightly slower backshift per same spring adjustment

silver blue in the 3rd or dalton black red blue in the 2nd.

Primary,
poo almound round
poo wieghts stock or 2 grams more

The stock clutching was actually very good.

If you have all the stock clutching parts put them in and see how it works.

Never heard anything good about slp heads at low elevation

Thanks! I will try that but it may not be for awhile considering it is still in the trailer but i wrote it down and i will see what the results are.
If anyone else has any info i would really appreciate the help:D

Premium Features