• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2002 rmk 700 cutting out

P
Dec 16, 2016
Hello I have a 2002 Polaris rmk 800 chassis with a 2000 non ves motor in it because I blew the 800 up. Everything on the sled is the same except the motor (jetting clutching gearing wiring; everything) it cuts out on the bottom end, and I don't know where to even start. I'm not sure if it's because of jetting, clutching, gearing, or something electrical. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Johnny:)

tryd normal things like shut it down and pull the plugs is one really wet? swap plug wires over to oposite side run it pull plugs-
new spark plugs are cheap and worth trying.
perhaps if its only bottom end related you may have a pluged pilot jet?
when you did the swap did you dump the float bowls? are you running new gas? did you do a compresion test?
what about air leaks? any give away sighns like hanging idle or tough starting? maybe its the mechanic?
to thats the simple basics but im sure others here are more experianced experts - you know practical experiance with your type machine,

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
Low rpm problems are often needle clip related. Bottom end has to do with the crankcase. The crankcase between the VES models and non-VES models, are identical.

Premium Features