• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2001 RMK 800, is there a secret to filling with coolant?

T
Aug 13, 2012
I had to replace a worn lower coolant hose so drained most of the coolant. Now that I have the new hose on there, is there anything special I need to do to fill up the coolant?

M

McLaughlin_7

Oct 12, 2009
S.E. South Dakota
I usually just fill with coolant till full then start and let run and open the bleed screw until coolant is steady top coolant off and take for a little ride and then check coolant after the engine cools

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Best way I have found to refill a coolant system regardless of sled is to fill system, start sled, while running tip sled up on right side(run rpm up to just below clutch engagement) for about a minute, then lay back down on to ski's, and repeat on left side, after putting back on ski's, recheck coolant level and top off, then repeat process, might take doing it 3-4 times but normally 2 times will get all trapped air out of the system....once sled cools off recheck level final time....

Premium Features