• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2000 polaris 120 carb issues

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Looking for some help with my daughters 120. I can't seem to keep the carb clean and/or tuned.

When it starts, it wants to take off wfo across the yard. I screwed with that POS most of the winter and because it sucked she doesn't want to ride anymore. Admittedly I'm pretty disappointed.

Sled has a new fuel filter, fresh fuel, new fuel lines, and has been pretty well taken care of.

I need help getting it running- and keeping it running. Anybody got anything to help me out? Hoping I can get it to a good spot this summer so she actually wants to ride again.

Thanks guys, appreciate whatever you can do to help.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
Looking for some help with my daughters 120. I can't seem to keep the carb clean and/or tuned.

When it starts, it wants to take off wfo across the yard. I screwed with that POS most of the winter and because it sucked she doesn't want to ride anymore. Admittedly I'm pretty disappointed.

Sled has a new fuel filter, fresh fuel, new fuel lines, and has been pretty well taken care of.

I need help getting it running- and keeping it running. Anybody got anything to help me out? Hoping I can get it to a good spot this summer so she actually wants to ride again.

Thanks guys, appreciate whatever you can do to help.

It it's wanting to take off W.F.O. it sounds like the governor linkage/spring is installed incorrectly.

Attached is the service manual and a close up of the carb & governor spring that you may find helpful

DRAGON 120 CABIN 1.jpg POLARIS 340 BUILD FINISH 010.jpg

Attachments

• POLARIS 120 -SERVICE MANUAL.pdf
    5.6 MB · Views: 3,201
Last edited:

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Thank you for the pic and manual. I'll check it out this weekend when I have a little more free time.

Premium Features