• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2 Free 800 PRO Motors * And Performance Shoot-Out *

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
Starting 9/15/2012

1 Motor will go to a Paying Snowest forum Member ( Must be a 800 RMK 155 or 163 )

1 Motor will go to a Paying Hardcore Sledder forum Member. ( Has to be a 800 RUSH PRO Chassis )

Both Motors will be given away January 15th

To enter the drawing, tickets are $50.00 a Numbered ticket that will be mailed to you. All proceeds from both Motors will be donated to both Forums how Indy Specialty sees fit.

1 - To Snowest

1 - To Hardcore Sledder

Both Motors will be LRTM3's and will carry a 3 year top to bottom warranty with NO LIMITS writen by lawyers. Only 2 things are not covered.

#1 - lean melted pistons
#2 - Oil starvation problem. ( I.E. ) run it out of oil.

Now the Fun Part !!!

BONUS - COMPLETE PERFORMANCE PACKAGE DRAWING.

Both Motors will have our ( Not yet advertised ) Complete Performance Package & Clutch Kit offered.

Completely seperate drawing. $25 per ticket - A numbered ticket will also be mailed out for this drawing. ( Drawing 01/15/2013 ) Location to be posted later.

The winner of the Performance drawing will automaticly be entered in a 1/8 mile drag race shoot-out.

The Hardcore Sledder Motor shoot-out will be a flatlander shoot out at a location of my choice in the Midwest.

The Snowest Motor will be at a location of my choice ( Chances are it will be in the Snowy Range, Or Togwotee Mountain Lodge.) Would love to have it in Cooke City but I am not sure the town can handle the parking problems. 50 people is a full town so to speak.
The rules are simple and it will be video taped.

ALL BIG BORES WELCOME !!

Rules - ( To be adjusted if needed )
#1 - Must be a Polaris PRO Chassis
#2 - 2008 to 2012 Polaris 800 Small Block motor
#3 - No Turbos *( edit ) Turbos are allowed ( See foot Note ) on prize money.
#4 - OEM Crankcase.
#5 - 70mm Stroke
#6 - All OEM cylinder normaly aspirated Big Bores are allowed
#7 - All aftermarket cylinders normaly aspirated Big Bores are allowed
#8 - The cost of the complete perforance package used in this drag race must be writen on both sides of the sled, and what fuel you are running. ( Fuel test to be performed by VP Racing Fuels ) ( Or TrackTek )
#9 - all sleds to be inspected by Indy Specialty.
#10 - * ( Note ) * The Indy Specialty Sleds will have- Altered OEM Head, Altered OEM Cylinder w/Stock Bore & Altered Crankshaft w/Stock 70mm Stroke, Altered OEM Single Exhaust with Altered OEM Canister so I would think Indy Specialty would have a thin chance of winning. BUT !!! You just never know, It will sure be fun for the public to see what bang you really get for your buck !!

First place will be $1000.00

The $1000 First Prize will go to the sled owner. ( IF THE INDY SPECIALTY MOTOR WINS WE SPLIT IT. ) LOL !!

* ( Foot Note ) *For fun factor reasons - I changed the rules to allow turbos..... *( Clutch engagement rule 4200 RPM Sled must start to move at 4200rpm. ) * BUT if a Turbo sled wins and a Indy Specialty motor takes second then 1st place of $1000 is split 50/50 with me. LOL!!!

If anyone gets around the Indy Specialty motor and takes second place the turbo guy gets the full $1000.00

Ticket sales will be handled by calling Indy Specialty at 651-388-9045, or by mail

Indy Specialty LLC
23503 145Th Ave
Welch Mn 55089

This thread will not be monitored so please do not ask about entering.

call or e-mail your questions.

651-388-9045
e-mail -indyspecialty@hotmail.com

Dan

Last edited:

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
Sounds awesome! I sure hope a bunch of shops put out their best product for bragging rights... That would benefit us all. Come on Carls, RKT, FTX, UBR, etc, lets see your best work and how it stacks up against the competition.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
You would think if I'm buying a ticket I could enter for either motor? I might live east of the "border" but I rode west of it 27 days last winter. Thats more than a lot of people that live there.

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
You would think if I'm buying a ticket I could enter for either motor? I might live east of the "border" but I rode west of it 27 days last winter. Thats more than a lot of people that live there.

I can see why he had to put a hard borderline on it though because there are alot of people that ride both east & west. What if everyone was registered for both, then both motors went out east, there would be alot of unhappy westerners just as if both motors went out west, there would be alot of unhappy folks in the east.

Not to mention he has East and West drag races so there has to be a way to define that.

It is what it is, his game, his rules. I just have a hard time swallowing the fact that I'd need to give HCS $25... I don't really like that forum at all, so much b!tching about anything and everything... SW is alot more helpful and useful imo. o well... :face-icon-small-coo

rick5150

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2012
mpls
This is ****ing awesome!
I'm in!

Edit...ah hell Im not giving hcs $25 not a fan of the site especially paying for it.
Dan, can't you do the east on this forum as well?

Last edited:
R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
I'm not signing up for HCS just to buy a ticket. I would've liked to donate $100 to Snowest with a chance to win a motor but I respect his rules.

I hope all the builders put a sled in the shootout and put their set-ups where their mouth is.

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
Soo. Since i run a turbo i cant win the motor? Or just cant race

OHHHHHHHHHH!!! I gotta say sorry to the Turbo guys.:face-icon-small-con

This is a great question I didn't think of.

OK, give me a little time and I will think of a fix for this.

As for the Border rules......I'll change it. The motors and can to anyone in the U.S. or Canada, But 1 has to be in a RUSH Chassis & 1 in a RMK

The RMK chassis has to have a OEM Tunnel & OEM Track 155 or 163

The Rush have to have a completely stock chassis with full working rear suspension.

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
Ok, I changed it and the Turbos are in the shoot out.

BUT !! There will be a clutch engagement rule. 4200 rpm the sled must start to move on packed snow. ( And no Notched clutch weights. )

The $1000 First Prize will go to the sled owner, and it must be spilt with the performance shop that built the Performance Package. 1/2 to the sled owner - 1/2 the Performance shop.

For fun factor reasons - I changed the rules to allow turbos..... BUT if a Turbo sled wins and a Indy Specialty motor takes second then 1st place of $1000 is split 50/50.

If anyone gets around the Indy Specialty motor and takes second place the turbo guy gets the full $1000.00

This cracks me up !!! I am starting to wish the race was only 330 feet so I had a chance against the turbos.

Hell I fully expect a Turbo to win but its still going to be alot of FUN !!

Dan

Last edited:

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
I can see why he had to put a hard borderline on it though because there are alot of people that ride both east & west. What if everyone was registered for both, then both motors went out east, there would be alot of unhappy westerners just as if both motors went out west, there would be alot of unhappy folks in the east.

Not to mention he has East and West drag races so there has to be a way to define that.

It is what it is, his game, his rules. I just have a hard time swallowing the fact that I'd need to give HCS $25... I don't really like that forum at all, so much b!tching about anything and everything... SW is alot more helpful and useful imo. o well... :face-icon-small-coo

Well its not as much about location as it is about I want both Polaris PRO Chassis's involved.

And I do not mind traveling for 1 Mountain shoot-out, But I would like to stay close to Minnesota for the Rush Shoot-out.

My #1 concern is to keep this a really good fun experience for everyone who gets involved and to keep the crying to a minimum.

I am not really all the worried about the out come......I Play Golf & Bracket
race...........Loosing is part of the program, However I do expect to show very well even against the Turbos ( The Clutch engagement is going to hurt alittle in the first 300 feet ) Then it will be a tuck your head down and wait for the turbos to blow by. Hopefully at the 661 ft mark. LOL!!!

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Starting 9/15/2012

1 Motor will go to a Paying Snowest forum Member ( Must be a 800 RMK 155 or 163 )

1 Motor will go to a Paying Hardcore Sledder forum Member. ( Has to be a 800 RUSH PRO Chassis )

Both Motors will be given away January 15th

To enter the drawing you must buy a $100 Numbered ticket that will be mailed to you. All proceeds from both Motors will be donated to both Forums how Indy Specialty sees fit.

1 - To Snowest

1 - To Hardcore Sledder

Why in the world would you "donate" money to a forum? Donate the money to BRC... or one of many organisations that are out there trying to make a difference, but donating to a for profit forum, I don't get it at all.

Last edited:

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Well its not as much about location as it is about I want both Polaris PRO Chassis's involved.

And I do not mind traveling for 1 Mountain shoot-out, But I would like to stay close to Minnesota for the Rush Shoot-out.

Oh thats good because I live in WI and only own a RMK haha. sounds like some good fun for sure :face-icon-small-coo

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
Why in the worlds would you "donate" money to a forum? Donate the money to BRC... or one of many organisations that are out there trying to make a difference, but donating to a for profit forum, I don't get it at all.

I appreciate what you are saying and what the BRC does is awesome for the recreational sports.

But this forum & the HCS forum is the venue is I chose to get this info out to the people and I feel its the correct way to handle it.

I use to have a fusetalk forum its not a big profit center.

Thanks, Dan

X

x2700

Feb 8, 2010
semn
HCS is not that bad some good info for flatlanders.sometimes have to weed through bs.

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
BAH i want a INDY motor AND turbo AND race. Oh well i guess. Just have to buy a motor build from you next summer. Maybe ill attend the race and see if i can get a $1000 credit towards a new motor :)

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
MIDWEST SHOOT OUT UPDATE.

I just wanted to Refresh the shoot info.

Attention all 860cc, 900cc, & 910cc Big Bore sleds.

The 1st place price money has been raised to $1500.00

People have been asking me to change it from a drag race to a speed run 1/8 mile instead of a drag race.

There are many concerns about the traction situation and track types.

( Tracks must remain stock OEM for that model year )

Alot of people feel the speed run would be better.

I am considering this.............But I must say this gives a massive advantage to the turbo sleds.

Updates to follow.

Premium Features