• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2.6 track alpha

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
I don't think there's truly any real time on that track yet. I can only hope it doesn't shed paddles then tear its self apart literarally for no reason like the 3 inch is... I need a new track but I'd have to change drivers and that adds extra expense I may stick with the 3 inch again which does go well.

G
Oct 15, 2009
Sutherlin OR
I don't think there's truly any real time on that track yet. I can only hope it doesn't shed paddles then tear its self apart literarally for no reason like the 3 inch is... I need a new track but I'd have to change drivers and that adds extra expense I may stick with the 3 inch again which does go well.
I think the drivers are the same on 2.6 and 3"
They are 3.5 pitch and 7 tooth drive

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I rode a 21' Riot X (exact same as the orange sled in your pic) last spring. I was super impressed with the sled and track. Unfortunately it was spring snow, no powder. I think itll be a very good track. Cutting the little fingers off for powder riding I think with be super helpful out west.

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
I think the drivers are the same on 2.6 and 3"
They are 3.5 pitch and 7 tooth drive

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Negative, the 2.6 is a 2.86 pitch. I think they did that to add extra roads and stiffen up the track. I predict it is going to take some of the Dangle out of the Alpha and it will be somewhere in the middle of a traditional twin rail and the 3.5 pitch Alpha. I'll be swapping my 3'' for a 2.6 this season

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Negative, the 2.6 is a 2.86 pitch. I think they did that to add extra roads and stiffen up the track. I predict it is going to take some of the Dangle out of the Alpha and it will be somewhere in the middle of a traditional twin rail and the 3.5 pitch Alpha. I'll be swapping my 3'' for a 2.6 this season

Is your track a 165 and good condition? if it is and your looking to sell it let me know, this fall I'm in the market unfortunately.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Just picked up my 21. Wondering the same View attachment 356086View attachment 356087
dude i am so jealous of your lineup. both the riots and the 2.6 mtn cat iwas considering for my next sled. I think that 2.6 will be a great happy medium in the mtns, like the polaris 2.6 in that it will work good all around. not as good as the 3" in the deep for sure, how could it be being so stiff? but the tighter spacing, the extra fingers, combined with the flexability of the monorail, should make it stay hooked up and hold lines better when walking across stuff, and durability has to improve also. its a heavier tack. i really wanted a '21 riot x but i couldnt get over the weight, i shoulda jumped on the 154 2.6 M-cat. I think ill wait for the push button shocks to come standard now.

L
Mar 15, 2019
dude i am so jealous of your lineup. both the riots and the 2.6 mtn cat iwas considering for my next sled. I think that 2.6 will be a great happy medium in the mtns, like the polaris 2.6 in that it will work good all around. not as good as the 3" in the deep for sure, how could it be being so stiff? but the tighter spacing, the extra fingers, combined with the flexability of the monorail, should make it stay hooked up and hold lines better when walking across stuff, and durability has to improve also. its a heavier tack. i really wanted a '21 riot x but i couldnt get over the weight, i shoulda jumped on the 154 2.6 M-cat. I think ill wait for the push button shocks to come standard now.

Thanks. I only own the hardcore. two other buddies own the riots. The green X is my old sled. It will be fun to compare all 3

Premium Features