• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1st day on 2moto snowbike!!

D
Dec 15, 2007
Ketchikan Alaska
Picked up an 06 KTM 525 exc and 2 days later I purchased a slightly used 2moto kit.
I was pretty nervous on the way up the road to our riding area, having never rode a 1 ski before. A buddy of mine called from the bottom of the road that accesses the trail head and said there was a pretty good stretch of ice in a couple of spots on the way to the big snow......Great.
The thing was definatley a handful for the 3 miles I had to navigate. Squirrly as heck is putting it lightly. But when I finally got to a foot of semi fresh snow over a good base I shot off the trail and the machine transformed into an easy steering, great handling, hill climbing mofo from he!!
Very happy with the kit. Shoulda seen the heads turning when I took it places where half the sled riders wont even go.
Being able to sidehill and take a totally different line than on my M1000 is just too cool. The fact that you can wheelie these just moves the fun factor up another couple notches.
On the down side, I have the worst case of Monkey Butt ever. Gotta try and stand alot more. Either that or I need to get softer seat foam or wider or Gel or something!
I will never sell my sled, but this thing surely fills a niche that has been empty all too long.

Oz

P.S. Thanks Tim @ Cycle Therapy Bellingham, WA.

painterdrew

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oregon
get an enduro engineering extra soft seat. That will help a lot. If you have long legs get the tall one.

Robster

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Sweden
Just mounted my kit the other day on a YZ450 that I have borrowed (want a WR, but have not found the right object yet) and today was my first day on a one skier. I was as relaxed as a 2"x8" board which did not make it better, but by god it was nice in the powder! Hard to go slow with the YZ, so that was one of my troubles since there is a lot of trees around here. No area without trees where you can practise on at first. I have the stock front ski, but I think I need to buy the Simmons Gen II ski to get the right floatation for my kind of riding (Boondocking). Also really hard not to want to put down a fot when stopping.. :face-icon-small-con. Will be a lot better when i have a little more time riding it. Only rode it for a little less than a mile today.

Anyone who can tell me how you cross a tarmac road with this thing and how hard is that?

Rob

mnsnowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2007
Dayton, Minnesota
Maybe J&L Snowhawk can chime in on the ski. He is using the simmons with a snowhawk twin axis on it. He then has a lock up on it. He uses the twin axis on the trail and then locks it up for off trail riding. This would probably help you guys on the trails.

B
Nov 23, 2008
Emerald Valley
ski

You have to buy the gen 2 from 2moto directly. No one else has them unless a local dealer would stock em. There made specifically for the 2moto design. It's a COMPLETELY different feel changing from one ski to the other. I have both and prefer the ski the kit came over the larger one. It hooks up just fine if you move your weight around.

Robster

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Sweden
You have to buy the gen 2 from 2moto directly. No one else has them unless a local dealer would stock em. There made specifically for the 2moto design. It's a COMPLETELY different feel changing from one ski to the other. I have both and prefer the ski the kit came over the larger one. It hooks up just fine if you move your weight around.

Why can't you buy the ski directly from Simmons? What differs from the normal Gen II ski and the one used for the 2moto kit? I thought you could take the fitment kit from the stock ski and use on the Gen II ski. Wrong?

//Rob

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
diff ski

I cant see what the reason would be. you might have to make a different mount plate or something but that is not hard. I have made several different setups for the hawk and bikes this year. I do make a twin axis system like used on the hawks with a lock up unit for off trail use. works very well.

Premium Features