• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1999 thundercat/04 chassis

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
so the skeleton of my old mod has been haunting me lately and I'm thinking I have a 1999 thundercat that I'm willing to use to piece the ol girl back together. What am I looking at for future problems I may run into? What will fit, and what won't? Any info you guys have would be great! If I decide not to go this route or if there is any interest in buying some parts here is what I have

04 lightened 1m chassis with CR chromoly steering hoop
04 fuel tank for carb
Ti jacks haft
VAE 153 hillclimb tunnel with massive u cooler, CR rack, led tailight
black plastics
cdi and wiring harness

And I think that's it.

If there's no takers on the parts, I'll be rebuilding this summer

Thanks

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Get the jackshaft motor mount from a 600 1M, then the motor will bolt in. 99 T-cat airbox will work.

Only other sticking point is pipes. Jaws made some that fit under the KK hood.

T
Feb 8, 2013
Utah
Plastics

If you still have the front plastics, swap them over, the Thundercat cat hood was made to fit 3 pipes under it, but that hood has a wider hinge and won't fit the newer belly pan/fenders.
I am in the process of moving a T-cat motor from a 99 ZRT chassis to an 04 KK chassis. So far it looks like the jack shaft/motor mount is the only real problem.

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
If possible, I'd rather get pipes that will fit under the twin hood. It is much lighter and goes through the snow better. (Doesn't stick out as far in front)
The 600 twin 1M jackshaft motor mount fits the 1000 triple.

Premium Features