• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1998 XC 1.75 track

SixtySevenGT

Premium Member
Mar 25, 2008
Middleton, Idaho
This does not make sense -

A guy on Hardcore sledder wrote this he says he just dropped the front of the skid down 1.25 and is using a 2" paddle on a Wedge.
I just put a 136 x 1.75 on my XC, with a Gen II skid. I did drop the back about 4 inches. The track is slightly notched could use a little more. Can I just drop the front and it will clear ?

A 8 tooth driver will allow for a greater track. or you can modify the mounting location of the front and rear bolts of the skid. stock rear drop brackets and dropping the front about 1.25". That is what is done to my sled and i am running a challenger 2" paddle right now. has yet to rub or balloon out on the stock 9 tooth drivers. This is with 1.5" of track sag on the lift as well.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Other than the tunnel coolers that require notching the 98 XC has the same geometries as the RMK did.

We ran Camoplast 2" challengers under all our 98 RMKs, with the stock drivers. Yup, it was tight, but it fit.

On the XC I would imagine you would need to lower the front rear suspension mount down to keep the track from dragging the tunnel.

sled_guy

Premium Features