• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1978 Ski-doo RV - What's it Worth

Status
Not open for further replies.
M
Dec 27, 2007
Cheyenne, WY
I've had this sled since high school. Bought it in 1978, so I am the second owner. The pictures look better than the sled really is. There is a lot of glass work (hood and belly pan) to be done. It has been repainted and new decals in about 1985 (pressure cracks all over). It is for the most part complete. The motor is not seized, but I believe there is a piston scored. It has not ran since around 1987. I would like to get an idea of what it might be worth in case I decide to sell it. I have been meaning to restore it for many years but have never got to it. Any ideas on the potential value would be appreciated.

Ski Doo RV 002.jpg Ski Doo RV 003.jpg Ski Doo RV 004.jpg Ski Doo RV 005.jpg

C
Nov 26, 2007
kalispell, MT
I don't know but I gave away a liquid cooled RV a few years back to a guy who collects them here in Kalispell!! Looks to be the same condition as yours except mine had a 2-piece crank:eek: They sure are a light sled, but that fiberglass bellypan is ALWAYS fearing for it's life!!

L

lynxer292b

Jan 19, 2009
Perfect condition $2,000.00 is the general asking price that I have seen. I could see yours being in the $500-$1000 range. It is only worth what you can get someone to pay! but that is what I have seen them going for. Repop hoods and pans are available along with all of your other parts needed. If I were you and bought it in high school I would clean it up put it back to the way you used to ride it. The vintage world of vintage snowmobiling is a great hobby and lots of great guys. I know you might not be to interested, but after you sell that sled you will never get it back. Throw 500 at it and have the sled you loved in high school. With a new hood, pan and piston you would be back in business.

I.P.Yellow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
I sold a '77 RV about ten years ago that was in showroom condition to a guy in MPLS. I think I got about $1100 for it. I wish I had that sled back cause it looked damn near like new. I agree vintage sled rebuilding would be a great and rewarding past time since it is fun and nostalgic to look at those old sleds that we rode as kids. Check out the vintage section on Dootalk sometime and see what guys have rebuilt over the years. Some of the work is amazing.

R
Apr 20, 2009
vernon bc
nice sled... dont sell it! but dont to a restoration....... MOD IT lol some ifs and a track + more hp i made mine go realy good. but again the resale is down so might not ever part with her lol fun sleds for sure, not in my child hood but my teens for sure lol.

djsled2.jpg

sledpics012.jpg

sledpics019.jpg

sledpics011.jpg

sledpics001.jpg

sleding09015.jpg

sleding09009.jpg

V
Aug 11, 2010
Looks very strong and btw the pics are of superb quality. I want to see myself posed in the exact spot of the last pic but at the moment I don't have the resistance power to stand against the cold for a rv rentals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features