• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1978 kawisaki 440

Nov 26, 2007
Boise, Idaho
I have question for you guys
i have a 1978 and 1979 kawisaki 440
they are both in really good condition and run just wondering if they are worth anything or are they more just parts

thanks for your help

D
Sep 3, 2009
yes of course they are worth good money kawasaki, if i can remember corectly, they only made 3 or 4 years of there sled. only reason being is because yamaha, ski-doo, and polaris were all getting stomped by the "invader" of the snowmobile community i have 2 invaders personally and if kawasaki still made a sled well they would be the one i still buy, and the kewl part is the engine was designed by john deere so parts are litteraly every where "engine wise" cosmetic not so much. Sir you have a piceof history a war relic parsay, dont go selling something that holds history behind it and if you do i am availible to keep the kawi's alive lol

B
Nov 26, 2007
I have a 79 440 JD Traifire that is a blast to cruise around the property with and I've taken it up to the Snowy Range to ride just for grins.

If you wanted to sell I'd hit the Snow shows, i know the SLC show has a good turn out of vintage sleds on display.

E

extremsledder

Nov 26, 2007
quesnel b.c.
man sounds like you have a paris of nice sleds and if they both run and drive enjoy them they are getting to be a hard to find sled atleast where i am so just hold on to them and enjoy the fun you can have with a old sled

L
Nov 26, 2007
Grand Forks BC Canada
I had an 80 Invader I don't know how much you have driven them, but I found overheating was a problem. Also the track is too short, after i made lots of changes it was a fun sled.

1980Kawasaki136.jpg

D
Sep 3, 2009
awsome track conversion! how did you do that? and what did you use to do that? but, the handlebars are a little bit of overkill i think!? they take away from the sleek style the invaders have other than that very kewl man

L
Nov 26, 2007
Grand Forks BC Canada
awsome track conversion! how did you do that? and what did you use to do that? but, the handlebars are a little bit of overkill i think!? they take away from the sleek style the invaders have other than that very kewl man

I always ride standing so the handlebars are right for that, the track is a 136 with 1-1/2" UHMW hard paddles, the windshield was a waste of time.

D
Sep 3, 2009
oh ok then makes sence then why the handle bars are in the sky lol. Any way i wanted to know what suspension your useing for the back cuz my kawi invader does not sit that high no way in hell even if i cranked the suspension up it would never go that high

L
Nov 26, 2007
Grand Forks BC Canada
oh ok then makes sence then why the handle bars are in the sky lol. Any way i wanted to know what suspension your useing for the back cuz my kawi invader does not sit that high no way in hell even if i cranked the suspension up it would never go that high

The tunnel is tapered and the 136 track make it look like it sits higher, the suspension is stock.

Sledding94021a.jpg

D
Sep 3, 2009
that is just awsome i love the kawasakis, and yours just looks sick with the tunnel tapered i would do that to mine but i have no back up kawasaki if i screw up lol any who looks good man

Premium Features