• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

19 spindles on narrowed 17?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Does anyone know if the new 19+ spindles would fit on a 36/37” front end for a 17 pro?

Yep they mount right up.
(Same geometry)

Same with 11-15 pro rmk spindles.
Only difference is height from ski bolt.

The 11-15 spindles are cheap and a decent solution to keeping stock ride height without shortening shocks.

MTHAYN

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 14, 2017
Helper, UT
Yep they mount right up.
(Same geometry)

Same with 11-15 pro rmk spindles.
Only difference is height from ski bolt.

The 11-15 spindles are cheap and a decent solution to keeping stock ride height without shortening shocks.
So.... not so quick question on ride height and shortening the shocks. I have a 17 AXYS 163 that I put an Alt. Impact narrow front end on last March. Ive had those that say I should shorten the front shocks. (it feels and sits visibly higher, 5/8") and those that say "its fine". I sent all my shocks off to Carls Cycle a month ago to get re-valved and rebuilt and just received them back. I let them know exactly what I had and they told me NO shortening of the front shocks was necessary, run it and have fun. So.... I'm curious about stock ride height, and the "The 11-15 spindles are cheap and a decent solution to keeping stock ride height without shortening shocks". Is it that important? The sled definitely behaves differently but that might just be the narrow front end. Thanks for the insight

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
So.... not so quick question on ride height and shortening the shocks. I have a 17 AXYS 163 that I put an Alt. Impact narrow front end on last March. Ive had those that say I should shorten the front shocks. (it feels and sits visibly higher, 5/8") and those that say "its fine". I sent all my shocks off to Carls Cycle a month ago to get re-valved and rebuilt and just received them back. I let them know exactly what I had and they told me NO shortening of the front shocks was necessary, run it and have fun. So.... I'm curious about stock ride height, and the "The 11-15 spindles are cheap and a decent solution to keeping stock ride height without shortening shocks". Is it that important? The sled definitely behaves differently but that might just be the narrow front end. Thanks for the insight

the biggest difference with raised front end is collapsing rear track shock.

trenching happens to a lesser degree also.

if you stand on your sled the rear shock is taking all the weight until it compresses 1/8 of the way through it’s travel, then the front track shock engages.

this can make for heavy steering and less playful weight transfer.

just my experience with 3 different sleds.

one side benefit is the pro ride spindles are stronger than the 16-18 axys spindles.

R
Mar 9, 2017
stillwater MN
If you like a lighter feel up front shorten the shocks or use pro spindles but I would not do both. I think it would be too light on ski pressure up front when on throttle but may be fun for some. I think you would have to be on your game. Trail corners could be tricky.

Dans front end up 7\8 inch
Pro spindles 1.5 lower
shorten shock 5/8 but at angle i think it lowered about 1 inch..
If you keep shocks stock with dans front end you will be about 1/2 inch lower than stock with pro spindles.

Most guys just run it the way Carls told you too, just a tad more ski pressure up front.

I am running mine this year with dans 36 front end. offset axys spindles and 5/8 shorter stroke on shock so within a 1/8 of factory height.

Last year i tried your Carls setup 7/8 inch higher than stock. I am switching back to lower more stock. I like lighter feel up front.. I like to see my skis dangle when wot pulling but be able to set them back down by switching body weight and throttle control. Had a hard time doing that with them 1 inch higher. Went to 190 RTS spring per TRS and like that better also, transfer weight now more than before...

Premium Features