• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

18 SBA 2.5 Track

L
Mar 10, 2020
Hey guys- New to SnoWest. Looking for some insight on a 2.5 track for my SBA to go west next season. Going to swap out this summer (currently have a 1.6 for my home area) so I'm looking to put together a list of everything needed and ordering all at once. I know ill need 8t drivers. Anything else needed for this track swap? Im not set on any specific track yet but I'm looking at either the CE 2.5 or the Peak 2.5 and looking for suggestions.

I read through a few of the other CE vs Peak threads and they seem pretty split. TracksUSA shows the CE 2.5 with the small fingers at the top of the lug (9145M) and polaris website shows a solid lug the whole way through. Whats the best direction to go or what is the purpose of the fingers?? I know someone is going to say it all depends on snow conditions you're riding so that being said, this track will mainly be used out west in Wyoming or Colorado and up in the U.P. (if that helps).

Just looking for some direction! Much appreciated!!

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN
I can't address the question about which track. I stick to the Polaris/Camo track, no real experience otherwise. However, you should look at your chaincase gearing. Prob different for one track versus the other. Use factory specs as your starting point. I know that the 1 3/8 trail track (23:39?) is diff gears than than a 2" deep snow track (20:41?). Need to gear it down to be able to push a bigger paddle.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
You need to look into what pitch drivers you have. Some of the trail/crossover sleds have a 2.52" pitch driver, where as most of the 2.5" paddle tracks will be 2.86" or 3" pitch drivers

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Sawtooth CE 2.5 for your riding areas. Will soften up abit after a couple hund, and still give decent setup snow performance. Fully clipped. Tougher but heavier track. Gear down as required, at least as a low as a stock pitch RMK with the same drivers.

L
Mar 10, 2020
Thanks for the info guys. 2.86 drivers will be required as I currently have 2.52 drivers. I was wondering about the gearing, figured that was going to be adjusted as well. Ill have to look at the RMK specs and see how they are geared with a 2.5.

Premium Features