• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

17 M8000 skis vs Grippers

B
Feb 13, 2017
I have a set of Polaris Grippers on hand and when comparing them to the stock skis on my 2017 M8000 limited the only difference I can see between the two is the grippers are a bit shorter. The bottoms of the two are very similar. Is there really that much difference in ride quality between the two like everyone raves about?

B
Feb 13, 2017
I will install them and give them a go. The only complaint I have with the stock ski is on hard pack the sled darts all over the place and a guy has to be careful he doesn't end up over a bank . In powder they seem ok.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Your darting may be just alignment. I think they’re (17’s) ok on trail, flat suck in powder. Dive a lot more than the mowhawks we prefer.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
use the cat rubbers and just cut the row of rubber nubs off that hit the ribs in the ski with a razor.

B
Feb 13, 2017
use the cat rubbers and just cut the row of rubber nubs off that hit the ribs in the ski with a razor.
Yup I have a set of the 15 cat rubbers and cut the nubs off 2nd row in each side. sled is outside and it's -23 so im having a hell of a time getting the bolt through the one side as the rubber is frozen solid and won't compress even with a pry bar under the ski lol .

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
Yup I have a set of the 15 cat rubbers and cut the nubs off 2nd row in each side. sled is outside and it's -23 so im having a hell of a time getting the bolt through the one side as the rubber is frozen solid and won't compress even with a pry bar under the ski lol .
if you can get the bolt in one side use a huge set of channel locks or a large pipe wrench and hook it under the kill and on the outside edge of the ski (opposite of the bolt) this will give you all the leverage you can muster. It helps if you can have someone hit the head of the bolt on the other side when you get the whole to line up.

B
Feb 13, 2017
if you can get the bolt in one side use a huge set of channel locks or a large pipe wrench and hook it under the kill and on the outside edge of the ski (opposite of the bolt) this will give you all the leverage you can muster. It helps if you can have someone hit the head of the bolt on the other side when you get the whole to line up.
That is a good idea. I can't even get it through using a ratchet strap around the ski and looped around the tie rod. Pipe wrench will work for sure thanks.

Premium Features