• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

163 RMK Weight Distribution | Suspension Setup

Snowman.PRO.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2015
MN
Front shocks: 5 clicks
FTS: 5 clicks
RTS: 5 Clicks

I am going to try running the RTS compression much softer. May even turn it down to the first click, so 1, and then see if its just blows through the travel, I just want to feel it weight transfer like my 15 SBA 144x2" did. Maybe that's not possible?

I still am looking for a way to make the front end lighter, and more playful. I have added a Indy specialties clutch kit turbo3, so that should make it more responsive on the silber turbo @ 7lbs.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..

I am going to try running the RTS compression much softer. May even turn it down to the first click, so 1, and then see if its just blows through the travel, I just want to feel it weight transfer like my 15 SBA 144x2" did. Maybe that's not possible?

I still am looking for a way to make the front end lighter, and more playful. I have added a Indy specialties clutch kit turbo3, so that should make it more responsive on the silber turbo @ 7lbs.

silber @7#
stock 16SC clicker shocks
162 3” PC

36” front end.
stock length shocks
Pro spindles
Stock front and FTS springs at stock settings.

progressive rear rear spring 180-450#
Longest spring length without losing the retainer.

light and playful, bottoming and wheelie resistance.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
silber @7#
stock 16SC clicker shocks
162 3” PC

36” front end.
stock length shocks
Pro spindles
Stock front and FTS springs at stock settings.

progressive rear rear spring 180-450#
Longest spring length without losing the retainer.

light and playful, bottoming and wheelie resistance.

A49EFE7A-48D6-40C1-89C4-70F21371AFAD.jpeg77A5DA7A-F2A2-45D5-B06D-1C6F20385E53.jpeg1C9B2F13-A38F-4C28-B95B-963A7471884C.jpeg

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN

My 15 SBA 144 has a very different (heavier duty, trail minded) rear suspension than my 18 Axys RMK. Granted, neither of them are coupled (like most current Pol trail sleds, and I'm not sure if the geometry is the same). Yes, the weight transfer of the SBA is really nice, not sure if the RMK will even do that. Curious to hear what you find ! Ultimately, I want my RMK to be set up for deep snow and I will put up with what ever trail characteristics come with it.

Is this 5 clicks starting from full soft or full hard?
Thanks

wonderxc600

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
MN
Looking at getting a set of rear raptor shocks. Did the shocks help, it be a little more playful. Obviously it's not a 155, I'm so use to a 155, I'm struggling a little to get use to my 1
I'm having a hard time getting use to my 163, I've always had a 155. I know that there is a difference and shocks can help a lot. I was thinking about adding better rear shocks than stock. Can adding better shocks "thinking Raptors" to the rear make a big enough difference to the handling. Looking for the best place to start spending my money on to help with the handling. I'm also going to add a 36" front at some point.
Thanks

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I'm having a hard time getting use to my 163, I've always had a 155. I know that there is a difference and shocks can help a lot. I was thinking about adding better rear shocks than stock. Can adding better shocks "thinking Raptors" to the rear make a big enough difference to the handling. Looking for the best place to start spending my money on to help with the handling. I'm also going to add a 36" front at some point.
Thanks

adding power or increasing transfer will help it feel shorter.

adjust your rear springs.

looser rear rear and tighter center.

Premium Features