• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

16 summit sp, will the 165 gen4 rails work?

T
Dec 20, 2008
Picked up a wrecked 16 summit sp with 900miles last year. Installed new smod, a arms, bracing, rasmussen post forward. Rides good but need a bit more track for the snow here in the sierras. Plus I picked up a silber turbo kit over the summer. Currently the sled has a 154 2.5 track.
Plan is to upgrade the track to the 163, but I am thinking that the gen4 165 might be a better choice. Anyone know if the 165 rails will work in the xm

T
Dec 20, 2008
After having a good look at my buddies 18 freeride 165 it looks like it would work.
The rear axle adjuster is a different size tho, so would need the rear axle. Also has an anti stab kit.
Ended up finding a camso peak 163 #9177 (this is the 2.5 lug harder durometer track) and some 163 stock rails. Track was $400 delivered and is brand new. I have read all kinds of different viewpoints on this track but for the price I'm willing to check it out. Also heard that this track starts working better after a break in period.
I'll be getting parts in the next two weeks.
Maybe post up a build thread.

Premium Features