• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

16 LE coolant loss

B
Nov 26, 2007
Lake Tapps, Wa
Hey guys, Iv'e had a problem with my sled the last couple rides losing its coolant. Previous to each ride the coolant was topped off and there are no leaks that I can find. The only place I can tell where I'm losing coolant is out the overflow tube (always at the left foot well). It sucks having the temp light come on right when you need the sled to go. Not to mention how much of a pain in the ass it is to add water to the system in the middle of the day. I should mention that the rides in the morning were still icy but only riding 5-7 miles before getting off the road. System is circulating coolant and after refilling it is good for the rest of the day. All I can think of so far is that the spring in the reservoir cap has gone weak and is allowing coolant out the vent prematurely. How can I keep this thing from puking all its coolant out on the ride in?

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Take a pair of pliers and pinch the tabs on the cap.
Do this while the cap is on and in the closed position.
If u have yellow goggle lenses, u can see the coolant leaking in the snow. It will be bright neon green/yellow.

Legends ZX2 SR

M
Oct 23, 2013
my m8000 2017 puked coolant from new in 5 min
coolant was barely noticeable in bottom, was full to start
new arctic cat cap cured it

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
Take a pair of pliers and pinch the tabs on the cap.
Do this while the cap is on and in the closed position.
If u have yellow goggle lenses, u can see the coolant leaking in the snow. It will be bright neon green/yellow.

Legends ZX2 SR

This ^^^, had the same problem on my '14 the first year I bought it. Bent the tabs and it's been fine ever since.

Premium Features