• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

144"-155" anything to look out for?

Iowa_assault

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2014
Cedar Rapids Iowa
I have a 2012 rmk 600 144 and I am putting a 155'' underneath it.

-Swapping out drivers for the 2.68 pitch track. its a camoplast 2.25"
-Buying rail extensions from tracks USA.

Anything to look our for while swapping tracks and what not?

I might gear the sled down 1 tooth as well.

Thanks in advance

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I don't know how the coolers are mounted on that 144, but if you don't extend your tunnel, you MAY find that you suck your flap in a lot.
If your flap is sucked in and you don't catch it, you'll heat your water temps up quickly.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Sometimes people find their 144 clutching isn't perfect for the 155.

I know you said you might gear down. Good idea.
You may also find you need to back off a degree or three on the top end of your secondary helix.

B
Dec 19, 2012
Leduc County, AB
I have a 2012 rmk 600 144 and I am putting a 155'' underneath it.

-Swapping out drivers for the 2.68 pitch track. its a camoplast 2.25"
-Buying rail extensions from tracks USA.

Anything to look our for while swapping tracks and what not?

I might gear the sled down 1 tooth as well.

Thanks in advance

I've done a similar mod on a 12 600, went from a 144 x 2 to a 155 2.4. The key items you will need are:

Rail extension and tunnel extension (Tracks USA makes both and are excellent)
You have to do avid drivers if you are going to use the outside ports, the wahl bros drivers do not allow for enough room for the driveshaft to slip into the bulkhead, learned this the hard way. Which means you will need an anti stab and to cut the tips of your rails (also need access to a hydraulic press for the drivers, or a buddy that has one). Switch out your 20 tooth top gear to a 19 - that is stock on a 600 155 x 2.4. I also threw in a SLP BLue/Pink Primary Spring for a little more track speed and higher RPM.

Other than that the only tricky thing is taking off the 2 main bolts that hold your suspension into your tunnel. They share the same shaft, so you have to back them out at the same time or you wont be able to get them both out. Takes two guys and some patience...again, learned this the hard way the first time.

Iowa_assault

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2014
Cedar Rapids Iowa
I think I just learned the hard way too. I took a stock 155 2.86" pitch set of drivers and put them up into the sled... something seemed a little goofy but just went along with it. I got my rail extensions on and then mounted the rails and track all up into the sled.

It now makes a horrible ratcheting noise when going.

So now do I just take my old stock 144 drivers and put new avid 2.86 pitch clogs on them?

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
I think I just learned the hard way too. I took a stock 155 2.86" pitch set of drivers and put them up into the sled... something seemed a little goofy but just went along with it. I got my rail extensions on and then mounted the rails and track all up into the sled.

So now do I just take my old stock 144 drivers and put new avid 2.86 pitch clogs on them?

When you installed the drivers on the shaft did you make sure you had them in time on the shaft? there is only one way that all the driving lugs line up together on the shaft if they are off it would probably make noise

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
Track

Also make sure your chain is adjusted correctly in your chain case. a loose chain will ratchet. On a track change I always adjust the chain with the cover off then you can make sure all teeth are enguaged and chain is correct tension.

Iowa_assault

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2014
Cedar Rapids Iowa
When you installed the drivers on the shaft did you make sure you had them in time on the shaft? there is only one way that all the driving lugs line up together on the shaft if they are off it would probably make noise

Honestly we just threw them up in there. Its almost like the whole shaft is just too short.

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
Honestly we just threw them up in there. Its almost like the whole shaft is just too short.

Are you using your original shaft or a shaft from a different sled? 10-11-12 pro shaft should work but the iq dragon 07-10 shaft won't it's a 1/2" too long. Too short of shaft? I'm not really sure what you got going on there.

Iowa_assault

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2014
Cedar Rapids Iowa
I am using a shaft off of a 2014 600 rmk. The sled I am trying to put them on is a 2012 rmk 144 600 and stock it had a 2.52" pitch track so I had to get new drivers for the new 155 2.86" pitch I am trying to install. Maybe I just didnt install them right

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
I am using a shaft off of a 2014 600 rmk. The sled I am trying to put them on is a 2012 rmk 144 600 and stock it had a 2.52" pitch track so I had to get new drivers for the new 155 2.86" pitch I am trying to install. Maybe I just didnt install them right

The newer aluminum shaft 13 up will not work with the chain case it's different on the chain case side it won't seal on the chain case seal its different you just need drivers or shaft out of a chain case sled

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
When ever I have changed drivers on a sled I have always kept the stock driveshaft and just went to AVID and bought the new drivers for my stock shaft. Is this an option? That way you know the shaft fits.

Premium Features