• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

13 rmk turbo low end bog

Feb 21, 2020
I've been dealing with this bog/ hesitation recently and i have tried everything you could possibly think of, also i have been getting DET codes some times while i'm in this rpm range which is below 5500. the A/F is spot on, compression is good. i'm running 6.5 to 8 psi with av gas. next i was gonna make sure my TPS is within spec and make sure my reeds aren't gone. i'm pretty much at a loss right now. i did notice that my control box said that it seen 21.8 psi of boost go though so maybe the waste gate is done? ill link a video of what it sounds like.

1madbird

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
West Bountiful, Utah
It looks like this is a boondocker kit? Is this a new issue or has it always done this? I doubt its your TPS unless you are seeing RPM fluctuations at Idle and low RPM at WOT. Reeds are a possibility. What clutching are you running? I would check your reeds, Check fuel pressure possibly change fuel filter, Also check your clutching to make sure you don't have any wear or rollers that are out on the primary clutch.

Feb 21, 2020
It looks like this is a boondocker kit? Is this a new issue or has it always done this? I doubt its your TPS unless you are seeing RPM fluctuations at Idle and low RPM at WOT. Reeds are a possibility. What clutching are you running? I would check your reeds, Check fuel pressure possibly change fuel filter, Also check your clutching to make sure you don't have any wear or rollers that are out on the primary clutch.
[/ thanks for the reply, yes this is a boon docker kit. i have a fuel pressure gauge on it and it hold's a consistent 60 psi brand new fuel filter, i haven't checked the reeds but i will this weekend. i have figured out that my adjustable actuator was way out of wack so i changed that. my control box still reads that it is seeing 10.5 pounds of boost at WOT and around 7.5 at 7900 rpm but i have the actuator almost backed all the way off and the control box set to 6.8. so i'm assuming that's why i'm getting DET codes cause its not fueling it properly?. clutching is the spring sent with boon docker kit and 70 gram adjustable weights, took the clutch apart cleaned it and it was all good. i know that the head of the actuator can adjust the throw of the arm on the waste gate so maybe that's out of wack? i did notice that sometimes my idle is a little bit low.

Premium Features