• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

11 summit 800 etec problem

W
Dec 26, 2015
This is my first skidoo sled ive always had cats prior. Started sled today and idled fine went to start riding it and when i would get on it it would sound like it was loading up. Hold the throttle steady and it would run fine. I stopped and then it just started idling low and bog when i hit the throttle. Came out of it once but then didnt stop acting that way. Got it home and it died and would not start. Right plug looked fouled. The gas that was in it im not sure how good it is beins it was in there when i bought it back in november. Would bad gas cause this problem? Or what else? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

W
Dec 26, 2015
Sled will not fire. Mag side plug is wet and pto side looks good. Can barely see spark on mag side. Bad plug? sled has estart only. Any suggestions

800PowerFanatic

Aug 31, 2010
Buffalo, MN
Maybe a weak coil and or plugs. How many miles are on the sled and have you ever replaced the plugs?? Had a coil go on my wife's 11 800 etec last year really randomly also replaced the wires, when I pulled the one off that the coil went bad on it was like burnt and cracking. If you can get a spark tester light wire that really helps identify a wire, coil, or plug. Hopefully nothing before that is bad.

duncan76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
central 509
Sounds like bad gas to me. Just drain your tank and rinse out with feash gas and replace with ethanol free supreme unleaded and new spark plugs bet it will run better. i just did that to mine after burning the gunk out of the carb runs sweet good luck.

W
Dec 26, 2015
Drained all the gas and put new plugs in as old ones looked like crap. Runs great now. Ive only had the sled since november. This is my first skidoo. It has had the top end recall done already along with new injectors. Thanks for the help

Premium Features