• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1 Week To Ride in Colorado - WHERE??

K
Dec 21, 2017
Hi All,
We are taking a road trip from Lake Tahoe to Colorado, and are looking for places to ride! Our first stop has to be Denver to drop some things off, and other than that we are pretty open. I would love to not venture any farther east than Denver, looking more on the western side of CO.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks in advance

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
It has been a pretty poor snow year in Colorado. Most places are well under half their normal snowpack. Unless the guy listed as being in MN is there now or just left, I would not consider that a very good recommendation.

You would be better off to just head north into WY from Denver. You will find better snow. In CO, the Steamboat area is probably one of the better chances at finding some snow. Good Luck

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
Agree with Big10inch -

North of I-70 has typically had better snow this year. Rabbit Ears, Buff Pass, and Hahn's Peak area if you are set on riding in CO. From Denver Snowy Range WY is an easy drive.

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018

Awwwww, it isn't that bad. Unless you are driving 15 hours anyway, then yes.

All of our tracks from last weekend were filled back in and there was 6-8 loose on a decent base yesterday.

If I had my new machine fixed, I would have rode again today....

Premium Features