• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 XP 154X 800r First ride the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

A
Dec 12, 2008
i bouguht my 800 summit 08 with a 154 inch track i blew a belt at 350 miles i had my borther talk to the dealer in michigan for me he said to bring it in they checked everything out free of charge for me and checked the clutches and said it had the springs in it for the high altitude and thats why it cuased the belt to blow, the primary clutch was slipping cause the secondary was opening faster that it, they changed the spring and weights for me gave me the old kit incase i need it and i have had no problems since, the dealer said thats why my clutches were getting to hot also to much belt slip. after about 10 hours it runs alot better uses less oil. its a blast i'm looking for a turbo for it now

My XP 08 has gone through the belts like crazy. The last 2 were #377 that blew by 400 miles each. Overall NO dealers were really helpful in solving it. :confused: now Mechanic is fixing some dings that I put on the girl last winter/spring and He thinks that my clutch was out of alignment from the twist in the frame of the mounts/chassis up front on the nose and nun? I hope he is right and my belts dont disintegrate anymore.. or at least run for a 1000 miles per belt. If I dont see belts hangin around for a whille I am going to fix it with a TEAM secondary once and for all.:beer;

S
Jan 11, 2008
Northern Alberta
I see all these posts about the dealers saying the clutch alignment is "in spec" when in fact it's not. Why not buy your own alignment tool and you can check for yourself? Unless you're one of those guys that doesn't like to work on your sled.

I watched the dealer check the clutch alignment at the dealership and it meets brp's "specs" I think that on some sleds the secondary is at a slightly different angle or different position than what is considered "spec" so that the measurments off the clutches are not nessarily going to align the belt for that particular sled. The secondary might be in the right position and the motor mounts may be in the wrong position?

Someone at BRP should be checking these things so we don't have to worry about it.

Premium Features