• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 RMK600 NO POWER

C
Oct 14, 2019
When I pull the pull cord on my sled nothing is getting power, sled wont start, dash doesn't light up, headlights don't light up... nothing. I replaced the regulator (part #4011114) and still nothing. Any ideas on what to look at next? The battery is dead, but when I jump the sled's battery I still have the same issue.

Thanks! Any advice would be much appreciated.

C
Oct 14, 2019
One thing I forgot to mention, I can get the sled started if I dump fuel down the cylinders. Once its running it runs great and everything works. If I shut the sled down after its been running and wait 5 minutes, it will start again, but if it sits overnight I run into the issue above.

Super Dave3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2003
Klamath Falls OR
When I pull the pull cord on my sled nothing is getting power, sled wont start, dash doesn't light up, headlights don't light up... nothing. I replaced the regulator (part #4011114) and still nothing. Any ideas on what to look at next? The battery is dead, but when I jump the sled's battery I still have the same issue.

Stator or chassis relay

D
Nov 17, 2008
I've ran into issues with the tether switch if you have one id try bypassing that also
If when you do have it running and it seems to idle a little high you might look for a cracked carb to engine boot !! I had one of those on a 08 700 that made it real hard to start but ran okay after it got started, I would idle a couple of hundred rpm higher then normal.

D
Nov 17, 2008

If when you do have it running and it seems to idle a little high you might look for a cracked carb to engine boot !! I had one of those on a 08 700 that made it real hard to start but ran okay after it got started, It would idle a couple of hundred rpm higher then normal with the crack.

Premium Features