• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 RMK Shift 800 NO IDLE

B
Feb 17, 2020
I have an 09 800. While riding this past week I noticed it was a little boggy through the whole length of the throttle, then it would clean out here and there and run strong. Took it across the lake and opened it up. Upon coming back to the shore the throttle felt weird and I could tell something wasn’t right with how it was running. I slowed down to a stop and took my thumb off the throttle and it died. Since then it won’t start without putting any pressure on the throttle. It will start only while pressing the throttle and you can keep it running with the throttle but WILL NOT run if you release it.

I have tested my TPS and seems to be working correctly. I have 1.23 vdc on the output of the TPS when the throttle isn’t pressed at all, and adjusted it to 4vdc when full throttle. Voltage went up through the whole spectrum of the throttle (no dead spots).
I have also played with the throttle cable adjustment that is under the rubber boot. No change with Machine after messing with either..
Does anybody have any suggestions or has anyone had a similar issue??

B
Feb 17, 2020
I have an 09 800. While riding this past week I noticed it was a little boggy through the whole length of the throttle, then it would clean out here and there and run strong. Took it across the lake and opened it up. Upon coming back to the shore the throttle felt weird and I could tell something wasn’t right with how it was running. I slowed down to a stop and took my thumb off the throttle and it died. Since then it won’t start without putting any pressure on the throttle. It will start only while pressing the throttle and you can keep it running with the throttle but WILL NOT run if you release it.

I have tested my TPS and seems to be working correctly. I have 1.23 vdc on the output of the TPS when the throttle isn’t pressed at all, and adjusted it to 4vdc when full throttle. Voltage went up through the whole spectrum of the throttle (no dead spots).
I have also played with the throttle cable adjustment that is under the rubber boot. No change with Machine after messing with either..
Does anybody have any suggestions or has anyone had a similar issue??

Does anybody have an idea how the air box sensor works? Could that potentially be an issue?

Premium Features