• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 M1 with SLP pipe kit, BD controller. Need fuel numbers and clutching tips

600xc4me

May 21, 2008
La Crete Alberta
A friend of mine just bought him self an 09 M1000, it's got the SLP Y pipe, pipe and can combo, and a boondocker fuel controller. It's going be ridden at about 1000-3000'. It's clutched stock with 85g weights I believe, and stock springs for the same elevation. He took it for his first ride today, was running about 7800 rpm at 1500 feet. Lots more than he should be running IMO. What you recommend for clutching for him? He isn't a wrench head, AT ALL. So I will be helping him with it all. I have never worked with a cat before, so I'm coming to you guys. What would you clutch it at?

And what about his boondocker? Only motor mods is the pipe. He hasn't done a thing with his fuel controller yet. Any starting numbers for him? I didn't drive it today, but I know it could be improved on seeing as it hasn't been touched.

Thanks for the help. :)

Oct 7, 2008
Get onto SLP's website, go in and select the pipe kit for the 1000. It will give you all the fuel and clutching information to get you started. 7800 rpm's is about where you want it to be running.

S
Dec 2, 2007
power commander

if it gives him trouble, i would toss it and buy a power commander from starting line. they program it and send it to you. plug it in and go. never monkey with it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

600xc4me

May 21, 2008
La Crete Alberta
Awesome thanks, I dind't think to go check slp's web site. I can't print it off for him, but I got him SLP's number, so he can give them a call and they will help hm out I'm sure. :) I would also have gotten a PC3. but he jst go's with what the dealer tells him. lol So I hope it works for him.

harf69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
well if the gox does not work let him know ive got a 1000 attgitude box and cutler ajustable weights that i bought for my sled then sold sled

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
If he is not running egts. he needs some. especially running the bd box. I burned one down running richer than slp's recommendations. If he is not a gear head he would be way better off with the pc3.

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
if he's just going on what the dealer says, he should have some reasonably close numbers on the bd box.......despite the slp pipe being advertised as 7800 rpm for hp, the sleds' ecu will start limiting timing at just over 7800, so you're really better off being 76-7700 rpm....and you should definitely get some egts on the sled, or you will likely burn it down...

600xc4me

May 21, 2008
La Crete Alberta
I have had a bad feeling about him buying this sled from the start. lol I didn't know him then, but just got to know him on a ride we did together, happened to be his first time on it, and he was wondering about stuff. So I offered to ask you guys for him. He has not TOUCHED to boondocker. He ordered the sled with the full slp pipe, and the dealer he went through said that if he was to putting a pipe on it he should put a boondocker as well. So He just ok sure if that what you think put it on. One of those kinds of guys. I hope the dealer at least tried to get it close, but he might only have put it on and sent it out the door. He got it knowing it had weights in it for 3000-6000'. But he wanted to sled so he did. I would like to sled with him again and do a test and tune ride, lots of plugs checks at all the RPM ranges and see if he is even safe to drive it the way he is. I'm going to try a steer him toward a PC3. Unless he is willing to learn and takes the time to tune the boondocker he has on it already. Any idea what he should use for weights? I asked him what he was running for RPM and he was like, o I don't know haven't really checked at all. Said he was noticed it at 7850 once. But I really don't know what he running right now. I think he's got the 85g in there right now. Anyway the stock weights for 3-6000'.If he is running around 7800-7900 would you go up to 90g? I believe that's what his clutching chart recommended for 0-3000'. But that's with out a pipe.

Premium Features