• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 nytro mtx skid removal

T
Dec 20, 2007
Minturn, CO
I need some help here with removing the stock skid from my 08 nytro mtx.

I think you compress it, then use a strap to secure some part of the skid and then it's just a few bolts in the tunnel, but that is as much as I know. I'll admit that I don't know much about the rear suspension on a sled. I want to know more...

Thanks in advance.

T

tard

Nov 28, 2007
This will take me longer to type than it should to pull the skid out. 1 there are plastic blocks the retain the springs on the outside of the rails. Twist them foreward and down to expose the end of the springs. Lift the springs up and over the plastic blocks and let them twist to unload the tension. 2 remove the 4 bolts that hold the skid in the tunnel. 3 remove skid from track. Install is reverse, but pay attention to the S M H markings on the plastic adjustment blocks when re installing the springs so they are at the same setting on both sides.

RX-1MT

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Butte Montana
I loosen the track then take the two drop bracket bolts out then the two front then just reverse to put back in use a ratchet strap to compress the back shock to line back up with the drop brackets takes about 3 minutes to remove and about 8 to re-assemble I don't mess with the springs

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
This will take me longer to type than it should to pull the skid out. 1 there are plastic blocks the retain the springs on the outside of the rails. Twist them foreward and down to expose the end of the springs. Lift the springs up and over the plastic blocks and let them twist to unload the tension. 2 remove the 4 bolts that hold the skid in the tunnel. 3 remove skid from track. Install is reverse, but pay attention to the S M H markings on the plastic adjustment blocks when re installing the springs so they are at the same setting on both sides.

Yup,, Undo the springs!! this makes it a cinch.
But first make sure you loosen the rear wheels and take all the tension off the track.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
I loosen the track then take the two drop bracket bolts out then the two front then just reverse to put back in use a ratchet strap to compress the back shock to line back up with the drop brackets takes about 3 minutes to remove and about 8 to re-assemble I don't mess with the springs

I like the ratchet strap... The nytro is easier, if you take the spring preload off, because it has stupid dumb piece of @#$% hydraulic shocks..

Otherwise if you had real shocks in there, the ratchet works pretty good...

@#$% Yamaha!

Premium Features