• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 m8 diamond drive goes into a neutral like under load

M
Nov 12, 2012
Hey
07 m8 with reverse. I did some diamond drive maintanance. Cheacked bearing flushed inside etc. put it back together and now under hard acceleration it like pops into neutral. And then i can hear the gears in there free spinning and grinding Once the gears stops free spinning, i can click into reverse it engages then back to forward and it will re engage and drive ok again. What the helk did i do wrong putting gears back in? Would it be more the reverse actuator not set right so it doesnet engage it far enough in forward? Or more internal gears i forgot a washer or something not spaced right. But seeems like what or how could i put planetary geRs back in wrong?
Thanks

R
Yup, I would say, it is the reverse actuator. Had the same problem with the girl friends 08 M8. It has the mechanical engagement. Check your actuator arm on the reverse motor by your foot or internal. Its not fully engaging or disengaging.

Premium Features