• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'07 Dragon Electrical Problem?

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Strange thing ridding today. The sled performed awesome all day, until the end of the day. Then it would bog and eventually die. When I try to pull start it again, I wouldn't start (not firing). When we got it to level ground, I could start it (not sure if this mattered). However, none of the electrical display would come on. The sled then ran like it was about out of gas (which it wasn't). Off and on, it would crank up and all of the electronic gauges would display. Seems like some sort of short or electrical issue. I pulled my rear taillight off yesterday because I kicked it and broke the cheap plastic that held it on. I just disconnected the quick connect. Anybody else have this happen or know what might have caused this?

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Left over stator from the 900 maybe???

I checked the parts list online and the stators are only shared with the new 600's and 800's. Still, I suppose that could still be the issue. I was hoping someone else ran into this problem. Awesome day except for that issue.

C

coolx2

Nov 29, 2007
I had the same issue with mine at the end of last season.Acted funny on one ride. Then it had a meltdown.The stator went and cooked the ecm,relays and half of the harness.Thank god for warranties.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I had the same issue with mine at the end of last season.Acted funny on one ride. Then it had a meltdown.The stator went and cooked the ecm,relays and half of the harness.Thank god for warranties.

You just scared me into taking it to the dealer. I like to work on my sled, but electrical (especially with FI) can be a mother.

T
Nov 27, 2007
Well my 07 Dragon did just what you said after a little road run, it was a cold day, maybe I didn't warm it up enough, maybe it was the oil pump, but I burned down one cylinder, still made it back to the truck but ran like crap. I thought electrical too? They replaced everything under warranty and I was back riding the next weekend. It's been fine ever since but I warm it up good now before I go... of course now with the Turbo I hope that never happens cause no warranty now...

Rick!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Anyone else have issues with electrical components on the Dragon? Maybe a relay component?
Try disconnecting the connector on the back of the ignition switch and running it around.

R
Sep 1, 2001
Maple Grove, MN
I was thinking that throttle position overide thing they put on there to make sure you don't have a stuck throttle.

I had it ice up on my edge before and it acted all sorts of goofy, came to find out through trial and error that it needs to be free of ice to run correctly.

I would unplug and check all electrical connections, look for signs of moisture and then clean them with contact cleaner and re apply a bit of di-electric grease.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Took it to the dealer. They got the same behavior until they plugged the grip warmers back in (I unplugged them to troubleshoot). Everything worked fine for them after that. I'm pissed that I spent the money to haul my sled 140 miles to the dealer and back. I had the grip warmers plugged in before and still had this problem, so now I'm very concerned that this can happen again. I guess this is the cost of such a great sport.

Premium Features