• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'07 800 Overheating Instantly

I have a 2007 Summit 800R that overheats after idling for about 4 mins. Coolant lines in the tunnel get lukewarm at best. What is the proper technique for 'burping' the sled to make sure there isn't a vapour lock in the system? Once I try this, I will start to look at things like the thermostat and water pump.

Also, what is the proper technique for 'deleting' the thermostat - in case it's buggered?

Thanks Snowest!

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
The 07 800R did not have a thermostat so that's out (unless someone added one?). To properly burp/bleed the air out raise the front of the sled about as high as you can....at least higher than the very back, run the motor to circulate the coolant. I remember back I had one that I had to rock the sled back and forth laying it on its side a few times to get all the air out.

T
Oct 25, 2009
loosen the coolent hose going into the top of the back of the head and pull it off just to where some will come out. make sure the resivor is 3/4 the way full. then start it and when it starts burping it out push it back on with it running.

J
Dec 20, 2020
I have a 2007 Summit 800R that overheats after idling for about 4 mins. Coolant lines in the tunnel get lukewarm at best. What is the proper technique for 'burping' the sled to make sure there isn't a vapour lock in the system? Once I try this, I will start to look at things like the thermostat and water pump.

Also, what is the proper technique for 'deleting' the thermostat - in case it's buggered?

Thanks Snowest!

Hello how did you fix your overheated problem

J
Dec 20, 2020
The 07 800R did not have a thermostat so that's out (unless someone added one?). To properly burp/bleed the air out raise the front of the sled about as high as you can....at least higher than the very back, run the motor to circulate the coolant. I remember back I had one that I had to rock the sled back and forth laying it on its side a few times to get all the air out.

I have the same Problem how do you solve the proble

T
May 7, 2017
Question: Should there always be coolant being pumped into the top of the reservoir bottle when the engine is running? Currently this is not happening.
Just lost my water pump gear on my 07 trystad 872 and we'll it also takes the oil pump also had bout 800 miles on it now I got a small scoring on 1 cylinder. Would not of at least scored if I was mixing the gas like I mix it on all my other sleds cuz I don't trust oil pumps

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

Premium Features