• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07-09 and 10-11 M8 Turbo Interchangeability

B

BradM8

Aug 4, 2012
Wondering if anyone has put a 07-09 turbo kit on a 10-11 M8 and what the differences they ran into. Throttle body, electronic/ tuner? I know its not ideal but just curious if I came across the right turbo kit if I could make it work. Looking for a used Twisted or OVS setup but it seems like everyone has moved on from these chassis. Haven't been able to find one this year.

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Used to deal and install Twisted kits and only difference from the early 800 to the HO was a different control box due to different injector plugins and a different wire harness to power the fuel pump as the early ones had direct DC power and the later ones had AC power that had to be rectified and a capacitor used to power the higher draw intank pump. All other turbo components remained the same. I have seen a few parted out sleds with turbos in my area in BC if you are looking for a used kit.

B

BradM8

Aug 4, 2012
Ok good to know. I stumbled upon a nice looking twisted kit and started breaking down part numbers and saw that the throttle bodies were different part numbers so I wasn’t sure how that would work as I thought they were modified to accept another injector.

Where abouts are you seeing them pop up for sale? I’ve been checking over Kijiji, eBay, some other forums, callings shops. I thought I was coming to the conclusion that everyone has moved on from these.

It also got me thinking that if I have controller problems or need to replace one I might be fricked because it doesn’t look like anyone supports a HO controller anymore.

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Attitude still has controller listed on website for single and dual injector turbo. I have seen guys selling sleds with twisted kits and parts mostly on Facebook marketplace in my area. Where are you located? Some of the last Twisted kits used stock throttle body and had a new intake plate in place of intake boots where boost injectors mounted. I have most of the parts from a Twisted setup from an 08 sled with the newer billet injector plate. Keeping it for future budget builds though.

B

BradM8

Aug 4, 2012
Good to know. I’m in Southern Alberta in between the Crowsness Pass and Pincher Creek

Premium Features