• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07’ m8 rear shock air psi

M
Nov 12, 2012
Hey. On my 07’ m8. It has the fox zero pro shock on the rear. It uses a needle to add/check pressure for it.
My question is can i use air to add to psi adjustments or is this a only nitrogen type shock? And for the how to part. I have the needle and a adapter to go from needle to a standard shraeder valve. Can i just stick needle into shock valve then attach my little fox shock hand pump to check and or add subtract air?

Thanks for any help

flatspeed

Premium Member
Sep 27, 2012
Sicamous, BC
The needle is for the high pressure nitrogen charge (generally 200 psi). You can add air to it if you suspect it's low, and your pump goes that high. It is not for adjustment, it keeps the oil in the shock pressurized so it doesn't cavitate/foam up.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
flatspeed is right. The standard hand pump you have for the float chamber doesn't go high enough unless you have one that goes to 300 for the evol chambers. Nitrogen is specified in shocks so that it's dry and inert. Adding a little regular air from a hand pump probably won't hurt much. If it's low on pressure though it likely means the floating piston o-ring is bad and passing nitrogen into the oil.

M
Nov 12, 2012
AHH. oK. Thanks for that info. I guess ill buy a seal kit and have it rebuilt. Anyone know what psi to tell them to charge it to? thought i read like 125. Or was that for diffrent rear shock?
Thanks again

flatspeed

Premium Member
Sep 27, 2012
Sicamous, BC
It's 200 psi like I mentioned above. 125 is more like what you would put in the air chamber on a float shock, which by the sounds of it, you don't have.

Premium Features