• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 rmk 900 no spark

HalfBrit

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2013
nw oregon
Had a great day on mt Adams Yesterday. Sled ran perfect most of the day. Through the trees, long pulls near the summit, it never skipped a beat.
then one full throttle climb transitioned to downhill then bog, bog, bog like i hit the kill switch.
I let it sit for a few minutes wiggled wires. It fired up, took off, 10 seconds later died again. checked spark... no spark.
It didn't fire again... got towed out.
The display was still working as i was bogging down the hill as the display showed 126 degrees temp. So I think that would mean the stator is working, unless there is two circuits on the stator.

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
Yes there is an exciter circuit which provides for ignition. It is on the Grn/Rd, Grn/Y and Br/Wh leads out of stator. Resistance from Grn/Rd to Grn/Y is 15 ohms and from Grn/Rd to Br/Wh is 30 ohms.

Troll-Tor

Lifetime Membership
Apr 3, 2011
Had a great day on mt Adams Yesterday. Sled ran perfect most of the day. Through the trees, long pulls near the summit, it never skipped a beat.
then one full throttle climb transitioned to downhill then bog, bog, bog like i hit the kill switch.
I let it sit for a few minutes wiggled wires. It fired up, took off, 10 seconds later died again. checked spark... no spark.
It didn't fire again... got towed out.
The display was still working as i was bogging down the hill as the display showed 126 degrees temp. So I think that would mean the stator is working, unless there is two circuits on the stator.

Had just the same experience when my stator went out.
Pulled the starter and I had lights on sled, but no spark.
You need to remove seat and pull back fuel tank to get to the stator connections for measuring

HalfBrit

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2013
nw oregon
Had just the same experience when my stator went out.
Pulled the starter and I had lights on sled, but no spark.
You need to remove seat and pull back fuel tank to get to the stator connections for measuring
I started teardown today. I'm having trouble getting the flywheel off. any suggestions? I'm using puller with impact... won't budge. thanks

W
Nov 13, 2010
hi
had a 900,same problem possibly,pull flywheel off, you will see a chrome beauty/shield ring inside flwheel, take long nose plyers and see if feels loose,it is glued but glue broken loose, if is remove it, does nothing but keeps inside cleaner, normally once loose will move in towards stator, small paper cut looking in wires with insulation going out to multi plug, just touches wire inside and no ignition, more obvious when hot, stator is still good, once ring removed will fire up,hope this helps, wolfman7

HalfBrit

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2013
nw oregon
well I bought a universal 3 hole puller and 1st attempt broke one of the bolts. bought some grade 10.9 bolts from Ace. popped that sucker off. flywheel looks fine. glue is intact. can I test the stator while in there or do I need to disconnect the plug from under the seat?

HalfBrit

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2013
nw oregon
It's summer. Took the stator loose in near hundred degree weather. I have a broken wire in the winding between green/red and green/yellow a 1/4" from the contact post. When I jump the wire to the post I get 14.4 and 29.2 ohms. The winding looks dark like it got hot. I'm hoping to wind it as it's hanging out of the motor. What and where do I get the supplies?-I.e.wire guage type and feet, what sealant? THANKS

HalfBrit

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2013
nw oregon
800rmk stator on 900rmk

thanks for the reply. I don't think many people are on here in the summer. does anyone know if I can use a stator and flywheel of an 2007 or 2008 800 rmk/dragon on my 06 900rmk? I can't find a decent price on a 900 stator.

HalfBrit

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2013
nw oregon
755 stator and flywheel

When I pulled the 06 900 flywheel I damaged it ( bent the timing bands on outside ) and the stator was shot. I replaced them both with 2006 755 parts. the stator looked Identical but the 755 flywheel was constructed differently. The exciter bands looked like they lined up. but the timing marks (actual numbered markings) were in a different spot. Anyhow I put it all back together and it runs fine in storage but actually seems too smooth... like it might be running a little on the retarded side?? anybody know if this will be a problem or if they are timed the same?

Premium Features