• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 M7 EFI issue

P
Nov 20, 2017
Started at the end of the season and did it again today when I fired it up for ****s and giggles. Fires up and idles nice, fuel pressure at 42 ish lbs, then stalls out like it's starving for fuel. Pull the rope again and fires up, idles fine then falls on its face. Thought it was air locked at the end of the season but obviously that's not it. Where should a guy start?

Sent from my XP8800 using Tapatalk

P
Nov 20, 2017
I've seen sleds idle fine but not rev up when they've lost skirts off of pistons.
It revs up and I can spin the track but then it starves and dies. I'm thinking electrical (stator, coil and fuel pump) the more I talk to guys about it

Sent from my XP8800 using Tapatalk

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
as said above, get ahold of a service manual & check stator with multimeter. Seen alot of random running issues from those motors come from a failing stator

Tee-Kay

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Check the main ground located under the coolant bottle on one of the bolts for the steering post support a-frame. If it is loose or broken it can sometimes cause weird running issues.

Premium Features